Front turn signal problem

tskorka

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently noticed that my front turn signals are not working correctly. When the left turn signal is on the left blinks brightly but the right also blinks, albeit faintly. The same happens when the right signal is on. I checked both bulbs, they look ok although I didn't put new ones. I did notice that it's the running light filament that's blinking when it shouldn't be.. Any ideas on how to fix this or what to check?

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I recently noticed that my front turn signals are not working correctly. When the left turn signal is on the left blinks brightly but the right also blinks, albeit faintly. The same happens when the right signal is on. I checked both bulbs, they look ok although I didn't put new ones. I did notice that it's the running light filament that's blinking when it shouldn't be.. Any ideas on how to fix this or what to check?

Sounds like water intrusion.

Have you washed your bike or ridden through the rain recently?.

I'd do the old plug/unplug of the indicators and flasher relay to be sure (and check the wires for sign of wear) - but if you can park it in the sun for a day, this may well dry out. (but wont stop it from happening again)

The dimmer blinking suggests higher resistance, much like you'd get from water intrusion.

Cheers,
Rick

tskorka

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes it was in the rain about 2 weeks ago.

I unplugged and plugged back the front bulbs and turn signal relay didn't notice any corrosion.

When I took out the turn signal relay and then switched on the signals, I saw the same problem. Does this indicate bad relay?

Not sure if it matters but I did do the hid projector mod.

Only changes recently besides the rain was I dropped the bike at like 2-mph and landed on right side. Maybe this messed something up?