Will an R6 gauge work on a 2005 FZ6???

helpmespeed

chop/cut/rebuild
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone! I broke down and joined this yamaha forum because i am stumped! i breath yamaha everything and ive read alot on here and learned so much so, PLEASE~HELPMESPEED!!!! Ok so last year my 94 banshee melted a lower rod bearing so i bought a 05 fz6 100HP motor and started over. almost a year ago. i bought a bender and some nice pipe and cut the shee in half and built a frame around the motor. i got the harness on the frame, hooked everything up, bought a gel battery. i bought some other misc. parts to help add to get running. i have a r6 from craigslist w/pump and tested and does work. I am not getting the injectors or the fuel pump to run. I can start it on starting fluid perfectly fine the snit sounds awesome!!! So i have spark. i tested the power at the fuel pump and key on it had 40mv and crankin 400mv and i need 12v. ALSO the cake topper, I do not have a gauge, cant find a used one for this thing anywhere so i was wondering if an r6 one will work on my fz6 shee??? Im pretty certain there is a signal that runs throught the cluster connector that sends signal to the fuel and injectors? has anyone on here done one of these conversions and if so can you help me out with ideas and how not to slow down? thanks let me know ~HELPMESPEED

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
First :welcome: to our great forum!

Chances are there will be some compatibility but you will have to get both wire schematics with wire color codes and try try to match signals. For instance, does the year and R6 cluster have a fuel gauge? Of course if it doesn't you won't be using that wire.

Good luck! :D

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
FWIW: I read on another forum that we can run these w/out the cluster connected but I have not done it/seen it done so that is not verified.

As stated you need to match compatible years and you may be OK. Most of the service manuals are PDF and available. These would be priceless as would the gauges diagnostic abilities.

So you have the complete harness for that engine with the ECM? Did you pair out all of the unused items like blinkers and such? I mean if you have the ECM and voltage regulator plus the harness and everything is connected and not hacked off you should be pretty good.

look for pdf on boneman's site and peer through the wiring harness and trouble shooting tips. You'll likely find what you need there.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Lastly - do a search for part outs. . . fleebay and cycle salvage places. They may not be listing all that you seek but have it on crashed bikes.

helpmespeed

chop/cut/rebuild
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone thanks for the input. i did smore searching and i found this awesomely amazing website i must share;

http://fazershare.free.fr/upload/fz6/service manual - fz6 - chapitre 6.pdf

It had everything i needed to diagnose my low voltage at pump situation. it traced back to my cut off relay. i had 12 volts. next it said to replace my ECU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so what does everyone think, does anyone got an extra 05 fz6 ECU??? thanks let me know:rockon::rockon:

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That doesn't help us one bit I hate to tell you. :rolleyes: Any one of 30 things could mislead us and tell you to SPEND. I can do that if you wish!

Ya, I think you should replace the ECU! Its bad!
But Why should you?

I asked if you covered all your bases and accounted for every connector. Did you start off with the COMPLETE Wiring Loom? Or is it all hacked and spliced and jerry rigged? Perhaps some pictures would be helpful. Some thing as simple as the lean sensor not being there or being there but on its side would tell the ECM to kill the Fuel. As would something simple like having the temperature sensor connected somewhere it doesn't belong. If it thinks the bike is too hot its going to protect by turning it off (just a fabricated example).

What you need to do is go through the check list and measure all of the SHOW STOPPING variables that disable the pump. There are many. Like what did you do with the stop engine bar mounted switch? If its input is not used or terminated incorrectly, No Fuel, same with the clutch and side stand enable. Tell us the details if you want help.

Good Luck!

helpmespeed

chop/cut/rebuild
Reaction score
Visit site
does anyone have a link to a full 2005 fz6 wire diagram??? i cant find a whole one anywhere. I do not have the tip sensor either.... The wiring harness is complete in nice condition no cuts. can i make the tip sensor eliminated? whAT wires do i cross to send the correct signal, i need a schematic...* thanks for everyones help!:BLAA:

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
does anyone have a link to a full 2005 fz6 wire diagram??? I cant find a whole one anywhere. I do not have the tip sensor either.... The wiring harness is complete in nice condition no cuts. Can i make the tip sensor eliminated? What wires do i cross to send the correct signal, i need a schematic...* thanks for everyones help!:blaa:

fwiw: I read on another forum that we can run these w/out the cluster connected but i have not done it/seen it done so that is not verified.

As stated you need to match compatible years and you may be ok. Most of the service manuals are pdf and available. These would be priceless as would the gauges diagnostic abilities.

So you have the complete harness for that engine with the ecm? Did you pair out all of the unused items like blinkers and such? I mean if you have the ecm and voltage regulator plus the harness and everything is connected and not hacked off you should be pretty good.

look for pdf on boneman's site and peer through the wiring harness and trouble shooting tips. You'll likely find what you need there.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

helpmespeed

chop/cut/rebuild
Reaction score
Visit site
the harness is from a complete motor/frame combo with harness and also the ecu and regulator. i got the coils as well. i bought a throttle handle for the right side. includes kill/starter switch. Im almost certain it is the lean agle position sensor since there is computer chips in the sensor, preventing me to just bypass it completely. if i did, i would need to know the resistance of the computer chips and so on. I ordered a lean angle sensor, should be here on friday for $53.44 total.
I have the frame for sale if anyone wants it. Vin intact, 8 or 9/10 condition.:Flash:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't forget the kickstand switch that will do the same thing, do you have it bypassed as well?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
does anyone have a link to a full 2005 fz6 wire diagram??? i cant find a whole one anywhere. I do not have the tip sensor either.... The wiring harness is complete in nice condition no cuts. can i make the tip sensor eliminated? whAT wires do i cross to send the correct signal, i need a schematic...* thanks for everyones help!:BLAA:

PM me your email....:D

helpmespeed

chop/cut/rebuild
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks again to all the gear heads in here, you all helped bring one of my crazy ideas to life!!! I finally got my lean angle sensor installed this evening after work and finally got my pump to prime. I will be testing it tomorrow hopefully!
SHEE RUNS!!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: