Bagels and Tar Snakes - pick the least evil

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
20 min. from here is some very fine twists that beg the rider to play there. . . Normally before i get too "playful" I make a pass and confirm the surface is good and nothing horrid is around the corners and circle back.

But did I do that the other night; Of course not! So I come around this corner in a fairly aggressive manor knowing the tar snakes can be avoided with a well thought out line. But low behold what's that I see in my lane ahead? Wholly mother of g*d a series of Bagels strewn about the road like an obstetrical course! My eyes must'ove become saucers as there were complete bagels taking 95% of the chosen line! I was like "WTF" and picking a new line that kept me out of harms way. . . I have no idea WHY they were there but I know the slide of the tar ends up OK (so far with me) so I choose the Tar over the bagel.

Lesson - watch out round things in the corners!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
20 min. from here is some very fine twists that beg the rider to play there. . . Normally before i get too "playful" I make a pass and confirm the surface is good and nothing horrid is around the corners and circle back.

But did I do that the other night; Of course not! So I come around this corner in a fairly aggressive manor knowing the tar snakes can be avoided with a well thought out line. But low behold what's that I see in my lane ahead? Wholly mother of g*d a series of Bagels strewn about the road like an obstetrical course! My eyes must'ove become saucers as there were complete bagels taking 95% of the chosen line! I was like "WTF" and picking a new line that kept me out of harms way. . . I have no idea WHY they were there but I know the slide of the tar ends up OK (so far with me) so I choose the Tar over the bagel.

Lesson - watch out round things in the corners!
OMG That has to be a first,
I wonder if the Bagels went outside the 5 second rule that children use when food hits the floor?
Glad you were ok,

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I guess it is really good luck on your side that a bunch of birds, animals or whatever weren't there also scavenging! Could have been really ugly! Glad you averted the danger.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I was thinking of the accident report: slipped on a bagel and crashed. . . . :eek:

But ya, the whole (Hole) animal thing could have presented itself! The joys of bike riding!

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Can we all say "replay"?
New Bat Corner, New Bat time, New Batch of Tar Snakes!

I think the county is trying to kill me! Hit this the other day when it was warm - it was mildly discomforting as both ends of the bike scooted over. Thankfully no Bagels were harmed! :BLAA:

attachment.php

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm really glad you're okay, cuz, I gotta admit, I giggled; totally unexpected road hazard there! Average guy rounds a corner, sees that, and lox up his brakes! :D

I hit my first soft tar snake today on the BMW, and almost went down, one leg was off the peg and I was halfway off the seat. :eek: Saw them but the danger just didn't "register" in my head yet this season; alarms are full up now.

Drat that flat black crack crap!

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
attachment.php

Last night on the way home from work a heavy handed cruiser dude hit that sh$t goin in hot! I watched the bike slide over about 6" or so as the bulk of it is in the apex after you drop into the turn. Needless to say his exit speed was 1/3 of his entry speed. It wasn't till 3 turns later when the road straightens that he was on the juice again.... Temps have been in the 80's was about 87 last night...

:eek:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B0PJkS0iyk]TheACDC - Highway to Hell [HQ] - YouTube[/ame]

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
so i read your post and laugh to myself haha thats random.

well its not so random although i didn't hit or find any bagels i was riding home from long beach 710 to 405 south and the pickup in front of me has tools in the bed must be a contractor of some kind he corners to hard on the merging ramp and cuts back mid turn and half of the hand tools channel locks vice grips some adjustables come flying out and sliding down the pavement i almost pulled over to get my hand on them but i was concentrated on getting around them as to not DIE!

holy cow who loads their pickup and doesn't strap down the tools id understand trash from a job site as who wants to strap the trash, but tools!?

lazy mofo almost killed me, infact it was a work pick up with side boxes and a lumber rack so he had plenty of storage.