Worst MPG per litre ever.......

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys n girls,
I have just got 116 miles to 17 litres before the last fuel cell started to flash, how crap is that?
I have been making the most of the dry warm roads recentley so that may explain it.
Whats your worst?

Nelly

driver145

Reaction score
Visit site
What the hell is a litre? haha... can you translate?

But seriously:

1. You said worst mile per gallon per liter ever.
2. What would the MPG be?

H

HavBlue

But seriously:

1. You said worst mile per gallon per liter ever.
2. What would the MPG be?

That's like a lot of converting Neil. Why not just figure miles per liter? In any event that's like 26mpg US and so how did you manage to short tank it????

gomd3

Reaction score
Visit site
so let's see, 17L is about 4.49 gallons. at 116 miles/ 4.49 gallons it comes out to be around
= 25.8 mpg.. that cant possibly right... maybe you didn't set the tripometer right, cause I got a car that does about that much on highway.

H

HavBlue

so let's see, 17L is about 4.49 gallons. at 116 miles/ 4.49 gallons it comes out to be around
= 25.8 mpg.. that cant possibly right... maybe you didn't set the tripometer right, cause I got a car that does about that much on highway.

He's forgetting to tell us about the hole in his gas tank....

Whirlygirl

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Neil - I had one tank of gas on my travels that only gave me 220 km before the bar started flashing - caught me a little off guard, and by the time I got to a gas station, I put 4.4 gallons in the tank! Most ever! Volume and mileage conversions aside, this was about 100 km LESS than I got out of almost every other tank! Weird. I blame the gas gremlins..... :mad:

H

HavBlue

Neil - I had one tank of gas on my travels that only gave me 220 km before the bar started flashing - caught me a little off guard, and by the time I got to a gas station, I put 4.4 gallons in the tank! Most ever! Volume and mileage conversions aside, this was about 100 km LESS than I got out of almost every other tank! Weird. I blame the gas gremlins..... :mad:

Did you make the calibration switch to miles when you crossed the boarder?

H

HavBlue

No... unfortunately not an option on the Canadian models....:confused:

Wow, didn't know that. I had figured they all had the ability to just flip it over from KMPH to MPH or the other way around. How did you tell how faster you were going on your recent trip? .

Trncaba

Reaction score
Visit site
Having driven with both types of gauges, you learn what is about the same. Here in Slovakia there is only km and I can do the conversion in my head most days! Or you go by rpm.. Switching back and forth gives me a headache.. no wait I always have a headache! :-(
Trina

Whirlygirl

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, didn't know that. I had figured they all had the ability to just flip it over from KMPH to MPH or the other way around. How did you tell how faster you were going on your recent trip? .

I have the uncanny ability to make the conversions in my head... Blame it on a high school education! :D I think it helped that I used to own a 1972 VW camper van, which only read in miles per hour. Kinda the same.... only different.

Yeah... it kinda sucks that the Canadian version doesn't switch, like the US and UK versions do... go figure. :confused:

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
Long story, but my mum is in hospital at the moment, so I've been visiting most nights for the past two weeks. The hospital is about 10 miles away, half twisties & half dual carriage way. I must admit ti being a bit gung-ho with the throttle, but I was disappointed with low forties mpg.

Then Saturday I went out for a bit of a bimble west of here, Worcestershire & Shropshire, about 160 miles - gas mileage back to normal. Although it cost me nearly 20 quid to fill up compared to £14 a year ago. :mad:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
QUOTE] Litre = about one mouth full less than a bottle of wine.

Yes sorry terrible analogy. About 4 litres to the gallon ish. I was trying to make it so we could all join in. The UK is very strange. we fill up in liters and talk about gallons? imperial gallons

Either way its crap.

Nelly

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's like a lot of converting Neil. Why not just figure miles per liter? In any event that's like 26mpg US and so how did you manage to short tank it????
I have been gassing it a we bit but not that much. was very suprised

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No mate I am very anal when it comes to resetting my odo. I have my second one set to establish when my second service is due.
Defy posted once that he gets 25 mpg at the track.
Nelly

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
My commute is 65 miles there and back. I have to fill up every two days so that's an average 34mpg each and every day. Mind you my commute is a schizophrenic 15 miles of very twisty back roads then 17 miles of very fast dual carriageway (110mph average) so it's no wonder really......

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My commute is 65 miles there and back. I have to fill up every two days so that's an average 34mpg each and every day. Mind you my commute is a schizophrenic 15 miles of very twisty back roads then 17 miles of very fast dual carriageway (110mph average) so it's no wonder really......
You have a very heavy right hand my friend. Good job you earn loads init.

Nelly

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Best is 54 mpg on a tour through Maine. Worst was the first tank on the '08 starting breakin.... 37 mpg. Current average is 45 mpg and about to turn 800 miles during the morning commute.

gomd3

Reaction score
Visit site
yeah, I just gassed up, got about 104miles on 3.3 gallons. thats about 32.5miles per gallon, I guess I got to ease off the accelerator a bit...