Power commander 3?

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

Can you guys explain to me how the PC3 works?

Are all the PC3 units the same and you download only motorcycle( and upgrade) specific maps from the internet?

I am looking on ebay and on craigslist for PC3. I see some units as cheaply as $150. However, they are listed for Kawasaki.

Thanks for the info.

Also I have a K&N aif filter and Scorpion slip on exhaust. Can you guys recommend me some maps?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

Can you guys explain to me how the PC3 works?

Are all the PC3 units the same and you download only motorcycle( and upgrade) specific maps from the internet?

I am looking on ebay and on craigslist for PC3. I see some units as cheaply as $150. However, they are listed for Kawasaki.

Thanks for the info.

Also I have a K&N aif filter and Scorpion slip on exhaust. Can you guys recommend me some maps?

Basically the PClll is a fuel management computer that alters the pulses to the injectors. Most of it would be dependent on throttle position/percentage open throttle and RPM of the motor. The PClll is not intended by the maker for anything other than odd road racing because it can violate emission laws. There is a PClll Ex that was made for the road which will not manage fuel below a certain RPM/ throttle position range.

All PClll's are not the same and they are bike specific because of plugs and also circuit design of different bikes. Because of small differences in engine efficiency and synergy with other aftermarket product efficiency it is always best to have a reputable tuner dyno the bike with a sniffer that will show what important air to fuel ratios are.

I'm sure we have other members who can add to this information.

Dynojet has quite a few maps for download but again, best to have it tuned by a pro.

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, well that makes sense.

Ha, I should have figured that the connectivity will be differant with each bike.

Motogiro,

Where one does usually find a dyno guy?

I don't suppouse I could just Google him in my area, lol.

Serious question though, where one can do a dyno tunning?

Dealers?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, well that makes sense.

Ha, I should have figured that the connectivity will be differant with each bike.

Motogiro,

Where one does usually find a dyno guy?

I don't suppouse I could just Google him in my area, lol.

Serious question though, where one can do a dyno tunning?

Dealers?

Yes, ask around in the bike community and or do a search.

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
$350 + $30 sundries.

I'm shopping around though. One place said $250 - $350 and I said that is was a big gap - so he said for $250 I'd get about 2.5hrs!

I said, surely it wont take that long? But apparently, the process is a LOT more involved than I imagine!

Cheers,
Rick

P.S. I've seen it said in the STates you can get a dynotune for ~$200