looking for a deeper growl

kennedyted

Reaction score
Visit site
i recently swapped stock headers/exhaust out for a set of mjs r6 stainless steel headers with the moto gp style out the side, im still using one of my m4 cans and it sounds nice but im looking for a deeper growl , not a ricey sound, buddy has a 650 usd racefit growler but im not looking to spend that much, any ideas?

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
I think its more dependent on the engine to acheive a deeper growl. SV's sound crazy deep with any exhaust. Two brothers are always deeper too.

kennedyted

Reaction score
Visit site
ive currently got a m4 can out the side, it sounds way louder and deeper since i removed the 3 cats and the extra length of pipe coming out the back, but the m4 has so much baffling in it thinking of checking out one of the moto gp short stubbys from ebay for 50 bucs lol, minimal packing decent look and **** only 50 bucs, i just read that other post about looking for growl people seem to like the two brothers, but i dont know how it would sound compatred to an m4

Phil_RC_1

07-FZ6, 09-FZ1, 06-R*
Reaction score
Visit site
i recently swapped stock headers/exhaust out for a set of mjs r6 stainless steel headers with the moto gp style out the side, im still using one of my m4 cans and it sounds nice but im looking for a deeper growl , not a ricey sound, buddy has a 650 usd racefit growler but im not looking to spend that much, any ideas?

A larger diameter core in the muffler (The inner through-pipe or baffle of the muffler) will have a deeper sound (All else being equal), also, typically a larger diameter muffler body with loose packing will sound deeper. Look for slip-ons with a larger diameter baffle core. Since nobody typically spec's the inner diameter, it might be hard to do.

If you are willing to do some custom work, you could look for "universal" slip-ons, they typically do list the muffler dimensions including inner diameter.