• Goodridge

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Other

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters

Northern Rider

Reaction score
Visit site
So I think I have narrowed it down to Galfer or Goodridge I would like the SS lines to follow the OEM layout (over the fender) please give your recommendations.

VUU

VW gearhead
Reaction score
Visit site
IIRC the Galfers do not follow stock, that said is there any particular reason you want them to? My vote would be to get lines made locally at a reputable facility but that's due to cost and having a person to talk to as opposed to a catalog to look through, helps to make sure you get exactly what you want.

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've read that the lines that have the piece going over the fender, between the calipers, like the stock setup, tend to trap air bubbles at the top of the fender, and that those air bubbles are hard to bleed out. Two vertical lines work better, but do look messier, so I've read.

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
got the goodridge lines in the front... i like them alot had it for about 2 months now!

CADMAN

Reaction score
Visit site
Goodridge

Used them on my ZR7, went dual lines from MC to calipers. Neat & clean. Future planned mod on the FZ.

Hey QwickFliCk, you got any pics. Like your mod list, looking to do a few of the same.

vinmansbrew

Reaction score
Visit site
I used HelUSA on my cb750 and I will again on my fz when the time comes.
Maybe it will improve the feel of the brakes. They stop plenty fine and it is easy enough to modulate them, but I would like to feel them when stopping.

Anyways, when I did my cb line, I talked to a guy directly about the length, color, and fittings. Excellent service and the line looks as good now as it did when I got it 7 years ago.

mongol777

Reaction score
Visit site
Went to the website yesterday looks so much better and put together then Galfer. I just hope they sell them or ship to Canada. Thanks for all the help guys. :thumbup:

I had really bad customer service experience with Hel several years ago. I am sure it was one off but I will never buy anything from them again.
I ordered full set of lines directly from them for my GS500.
After many emails and calls I finally got the package with only front line.
After many more calls and emails - nothing ever happened and I never got my rear line nor money back.

Fren Tubos - I got them from pjsparts and lines are wesome and pjsparts customer service is always top notch.
If you want to buy local - check Glen Your source for discount Motorcycle Tires, Parts & Accessories - FS Motorcycle or Simon TopEndz Home

They are both solid guys and have many great reviews on gtam

mongol777

Reaction score
Visit site
I've read that the lines that have the piece going over the fender, between the calipers, like the stock setup, tend to trap air bubbles at the top of the fender, and that those air bubbles are hard to bleed out. Two vertical lines work better, but do look messier, so I've read.

Everytim I bled my stock lines or two times I bled my new Fren Tubos - did not notice any air bubbles coming out. But I would love to find out more - can you share your source?

mayassa

Reaction score
Visit site
Spiegler, are put together very nicely DOT approved and I received great support from them directly.