Break Line Upgrades?

Northern Rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Well last year it was Race tech emulators, springs and oil, this year break lines and Givi side bags.

Break Lines: does anyone have any good recommendations? what about a two finger break handle? Pads should I stay stock?

Givi Bags: Do I need to remove my rear turn signal lights with Givi bags? Don't like the sound of that and say you want to ride with the bags off, do I need to put the lights back on sounds like a PIA.

any advice would be good. Thanks

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
Givi Bags: Do I need to remove my rear turn signal lights with Givi bags? Don't like the sound of that and say you want to ride with the bags off, do I need to put the lights back on sounds like a PIA.

I think the correct phrase is RELOCATE your rear turn signal lights. I believe the Givi side rack relocates the turn signals further back to allow clearance for the bags. This may explain better.

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
im running goodridge lines and ebc HH pads=stops on the dot..takes a little getting used to

idk much about the givi side cases but im sure it should come w a bracket to remount the turn signals. looks kinda doofy imo

i like BRAKING fold up levers havent got them yet but look good and has good reviews

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have Galfer stainless steel brake lines up front, and EBC sintered HH pads. I also have the Pazzo short levers on both sides. I like my setup.

In terms of braking performance, don't forget to bleed the brake lines (of air) every so often. I usually do mine about twice a year. I'd highly recommend having someone to help you out with the "squeeze and hold" of the lever.

Northern Rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I have Galfer stainless steel brake lines up front, and EBC sintered HH pads. I also have the Pazzo short levers on both sides. I like my setup.

In terms of braking performance, don't forget to bleed the brake lines (of air) every so often. I usually do mine about twice a year. I'd highly recommend having someone to help you out with the "squeeze and hold" of the lever.

I was thinking about going to the Galfer brake lines and now that I see this amazing canadian Pazzo I am very tempted to add the brake and clutch handle. This may be a strange question but can I get a short brake handle and a large clutch. Also would the gold galfer lines match the gold brake/clutch handles??

are the stock pads good enough with new lines or should I upgrade the pads too?

Does anyone know where to get a gold top to the rear brake reservoir and front brake reservoir?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have Hel lines and am very happy with them...

I have OEM pads and it'll stop on a dime. I use the front's 90% of the time.

I believe, most aftermarket pads are a bit more aggressive on the rotors and may stop quicker however your rotors will get more wear and tear..

I'd replace the rear line as well but you won't feel quite the difference the fronts make(more stock rubber line to flex).

IMHO, the stock pads with the Any SS braided line (bleed well) will work just fine... Try to stick with the two separate lines coming direct up from the caliber to the MC, considerably easier to bleed..

My stock lever at the end, will go to FULL front wheel lock in just over an inch...

The two below pictures are that of brackets I made of aluminum to secure the brake lines from rubbing up against the fender. Their basically flat, traced from the originals and drilled for wire ties.

Last edited:

mongol777

Reaction score
Visit site
Fren Tubos all the way - get them from pjsparts, excellent service.
They repeat OEM pattern to the T (one over front fender), quality is superb, DOT and TUV certified. PJ's Parts - if you have bar risers make sure to ask for extra inch or two.
Fro Givi bags - yes, you will most likely need to relocate signals. I had to move them on mine but it is very easy

Northern Rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Fren Tubos all the way - get them from pjsparts, excellent service.
They repeat OEM pattern to the T (one over front fender), quality is superb, DOT and TUV certified. PJ's Parts - if you have bar risers make sure to ask for extra inch or two.
Fro Givi bags - yes, you will most likely need to relocate signals. I had to move them on mine but it is very easy

Ok guys I am not a mechanic or inclined to do any work. I want to order the parts and get my mechanic to install. I don't quite understand what you mean (one over the fender) I realize there is one brake line coming from the MC to the left calliper and one going over the fender. IF a company is making aftermarket brake lines for 07 FZ6 will they not all have two hoses?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You can get the lines that will bolt up like the stockers (that go over the fender and back down, linking both calibers, OR two straight separate lines that go direct from each caliber direct to the master cylinder...

The direct ones are a bit easier to bleed but if your not doing it anyway, it really doesn't make a difference.

SS lines are thinner than the stock rubber lines, ask your mechanic if he'll be using the stock mounts with some sort of rubber bushing to take up the gap (cut 3/8" rubber fuel line works well).

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Here in oz HEL will make them to any length you ask to cater to risers/barbacks. A great service. I run std pads and stop really well no dramas from my pov. But I am not doing track days and stoppies

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

peteehoward

Reaction score
Visit site
For the Givi rack i have added the following pics so that you can see the images. they show the original location then the relocated spot. you will need to add wiring due to the extension. I added a waterproof connector so that I can easily remove them with out cutting the wire again.

vinmansbrew

Reaction score
Visit site
A bit late but +1 for HEL lines. Excellent quality and service. You can even pick your line color and connector color(brain fade, cant remember right name!)