Dunlop Sportmax 218

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all,

Just a quicky,

My new bike has a set of the above tyres but the rear is absolutley squared off.... The front is still like new and I was considering just putting a new 218 on the rear to match :confused:

What do you think ??? I hear a lot of bad rep on Dunlops but am unsure whether to give them a try ... Also never had to purchase any tyres before and am wondering if its worth just biting the bullet and getting a new set (prob bridgestones BT021s)

Any advice would be helpful ...

Cheers JC

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all,

Just a quicky,

My new bike has a set of the above tyres but the rear is absolutley squared off.... :confused:

I have seen more tread on the palm of my hand.:thumbup:

I think if it is the same type then it will be fine, but if you change that then you should do the front as well.

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
I have seen more tread on the palm of my hand.:thumbup:

I think if it is the same type then it will be fine, but if you change that then you should do the front as well.

Yeah I was thinkin that 'M' ..... are 218's an old tyre ?? they don't seem easy to get hold of and V pricey !!! might just go for a new matching pair after all :( I need a lottery win for this hobby lol ...

My new pride and joy today after some sticker removal :) ..... note the square back tyre lol

cbr600rrmay08.jpg

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I was thinkin that 'M' ..... are 218's an old tyre ?? they don't seem easy to get hold of and V pricey !!! might just go for a new matching pair after all :( I need a lottery win for this hobby lol ...

My new pride and joy today after some sticker removal :) ..... note the square back tyre lol

cbr600rrmay08.jpg
Amazing what a bit of soap and water will do. The bike looks nice to mate lol.
Can you buy your rubber from the tinternet and get someone to fit them. My local quick fit are doing fitting and balancing for £10.00?

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Can you buy your rubber from the tinternet and get someone to fit them. My local quick fit are doing fitting and balancing for £10.00?

My local does loose wheels for a tenner aswell but for an extra tenner will do ride in ride out ... I'll have a look around :)

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site

Was that £10 per wheel Nelly ?? and loose or on the bike ???

Sounds like a bargain if on the bike ??!! :Sport: