Leo vince & K&n?

makarov9

Reaction score
Visit site
I've installed the Leo Vince SBK Evo II slip on exhaust and the bike runs good, but my stock air filter is ready to be replaced. Will I have to get a power commander and retune if I get a K&N air filter? I'd like to run this filter in my bike, but will put a new stock paper filter back in if I have to retune.

Can anybody lend some advice? thanks

Rommel043

Reaction score
Visit site
i think you should be fine. Your bike might idle a little funny but nothing bad. A power commander, two bros juice box, or any other FI mapping management isnt going to hurt your bike at all. If you can get a motionpro SyncPro carb tuner, that is an easy do it yourself way to tune your throttle bodies together to all run the same. but other than that, K&N should be just fine!:thumbup:

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Titaniaum Leo's with K&N and it runs pretty sweet. Did you put in the blockoff plate and remove the smog crap? I'm not sure what it's called. My mileage isn't great by any means. I do kind of have a heavy right hand however.

Jacobien

Reaction score
Visit site
I doubt that you will need a retune or PCIII. I had the Leo's and a DNA filter. The Leo's have a greater overall effect than the filter. So if you are ok now, the filter will have little or no effect.

What I can suggest, is the CO adjust. For any exhaust mod the CO adjust is a great idea. A guy gained almost 7HP through CO adjust and it smoothed everything out considerably. :rockon:

Do a search on "Leo vince install and CO adjust"

Peace