07 FZ6 perfomance -WOW-

scriss

Reaction score
Visit site
I took out my "new" fz6. I went with my brother who took his 01 triumph 955i. Every time we got on it he couldn't keep up. Is the fz6 really faster or is there something wrong with the triumph? They both have low mileage and seem to be running fine but no matter if it was from 0-60 or 60-100 it was not contest.

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
The 955i supposedly has 128 hp. There is no way the FZ6 is faster. Either something is wrong with the Triumph or the Triumph rider's wrist is not working correctly.

scriss

Reaction score
Visit site
Thats what I figured. He knows how to ride so there must be something wrong with the triumph.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Was he downshifting? I've played with a couple 600cc ss bikes which have more power but out ran them because they didn't downshift. I would go to 1st or 2nd while they were in 4th or 5th

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
with bikes or manual transmission cars the operator's skill level means a LOT more than the power of the engine.

scriss

Reaction score
Visit site
He races dirt bikes and is always a match for my skills when we race whether it be riding or driving something. I asked him if he was shifting early when we went from a stop and he said he wasn't redlining it but was using all the power it had. It is the sprint st model if that makes any difference.

Last edited:

sparkycrew

Reaction score
Visit site
my fz6-n 07 will keep up with a triumph 675 daytona latest model and it wasnt his bike so i know he was thrashing it,but a 955 should be quicker but i think only when you get past 100 mph, bigger capacity bikes just keep pulling,my mate has a 99 blade and my fz will run with it to about 90 mph,as i hit third gear and loose some drive then he smokes me,but yeah there quick for a 600

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
Its all in the rider and also you taking off first in front of him is a lot harder for him to catch up. When an fz6 takes off in front of me without me knowing he is full throttle and when he is going to gun it, its pretty much impossible for me to catch up with my 1000cc unless i double his speed before we get to 90mph and safely slow. Now going side by side is another story, you should try that :)

scriss

Reaction score
Visit site
We did try the side by side from a light and I had a bad start but was able to catch and pass him. I'm thinking he needs to check out his bike. When we trade bikes for a couple of runs Ill know for sure. I'm still pretty shocked at the power these fz6's have after 9k rpms.

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
i've ridden my fz6 on track and it is capable of surprising some more focused and powerful bikes, especially if the rider is a novice

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Time to get the Triumph in the shop. Not that the FZ6 is slow but the 955 should be able to out run the 600 in the straights.

ctbandit

Fazer, don't even know er
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd say that it should be close, or you should be ahead. Nothing wrong with his bike. Close in HP and his bike is much heavier (50lbs+).

FROM WIKI:
The Sprint ST was first introduced in 1999 as a complete redesign of the earlier Sprint 900 (1993–1998) styled by Rod Scivyer. It made use of a 955 cc inline-triple engine similar to those found in the contemporaneous inline-triple engine and Daytona models, only slightly retuned for smoother power delivery. Power was claimed to be 105 bhp (78 kW).should be pretty close.

:rockon:

scriss

Reaction score
Visit site
After looking it up it looks like they are pretty close. The p/w ratio on the triumph is about 0.0026 hp/kg greater than my fz6. So they look pretty evenly matched. It could just be that he needs an oil change and then he'll be able to keep up better.

On a side note I thought blue was the faster color on the fz6. :)

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's all in the rider. I've got a You Tube clip of me and DefyInertia at Willow Springs. I'm on my 1125R, he's on his Fz6. We are both very close. He's a better rider than I am and was going faster than me, however we were both passing much faster bikes than ours, R1s, etc. Hell on a tight track I've been smoked by hot-shoe kids on 125 gp bikes.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2