After 2 months of ownership, bike won't turn over!!!!

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I guess that about sums that up. I was on the road today riding some local backroads, taking pics and the bike wouldn't turnover. I finally was able to push the bike to where there was some sort of incline and just jumped started it. I was on a fairly isolated 2 lane canyon rd. I remembered when i got off the bike for about maybe 5 to 4 minutes to take some pictures. I left the lights on and the engine not running. I am thinking the battery is just old. Regardless of having 800 miles. After all the bike was built in 2009 or maybe even 2008. Since it was just purchased in the last week of March 2012 with 0 miles. I think I will just take it to the dealership.

Last edited:

Ransom

Does anyone smell blue?
Reaction score
Visit site
If you were stopping often to take pictures and the ride between the spots were short then you could have just killed the battery. Did you turn the bike off every time you stopped?

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
If you were stopping often to take pictures and the ride between the spots were short then you could have just killed the battery. Did you turn the bike off every time you stopped?

It was the first time I stopped after riding maybe 15 to 18 miles in town and country roads. After arrived at the dealership, it wouldnt turn over again. Come to think of it I don't even think I had the battery on without motor turned over 4 to 5 minutes.

Instead of taking her home immediately I stopped off and she died again at the last stop. I decided to take her to the dealership have them look at the battery and see why it isnt turning over. While i am there I will have them do the 500 mile service accompanied by adjusting the suspension for my size. It is a bit expensive but I am still under warranty for another 10 months. Call me paranoid, but I'm not exactly comfortable buying the bike out of state, not knowing how it was maintained before I took delivery.

Last edited: