Schubert S2

hk_fz6_05

Reaction score
Visit site
So have now had a chance to ride some time with my new Schubert S2 and my impression is good. It's a huge improvement over my old HJC Raptor in all areas.

It's pretty light, the noise reduction is really really good and the ventilation system works (nothing fancy here - it just works). Visor offers good visibility and the included fog resistant lens works wonders without detracting from the view (much).
Sun visor is located on the left hand chin and is easy to find and operate and is nice and big.

I had some trouble getting the chin strap to the right length and early on it rode too far down on my throat. However it's fine now and the click latch system is easy to operate with gloves.

The chin flap works well and really seals you in there, however I've noticed the velcro it uses to attach scratching my forehead when putting on the helmet. Minor annoyance and I don't know if it's in there wrong or it's just my head shape.

On the subject of head shape: I'm a fairly standard head (tending towards slightly eggy) and fit most helmets - and I find this one supercomfy. I prbly wouldn't recommend it for ppl with very round heads - but try it out.

The visor's only detracting factor is that it operates easily between fully open and fully closed aside from the last click to lock it down. This click needs a finger on each tab on the visor and one (thumb) on the chin to click it. Nothing too bad but still.

Also I like that it's ready for Schubert's own comms system although I haven't tried it out. Given how quiet the helmet is I believe it would work really well. As a matter of fact I mostly ride with the visor slightly up because otherwise I feel a little shut out from the world.

So in all: Very very nice product, but a few minor issues that takes it away from full marks.

filitosa

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been riding the S2 now for a month. Great helmet BUT....I can't get rid of the wind turbulence without riding with a gentle throat hold with my left hand. Have tried all types of neck wear. My S1 did not have this problem. I cant hear the SRC unit with the S2. I hear the Scala rider II fine with the S1. i am so disappointed in this $700 helmet. If anyone has a solution please post. I have sent pictures and talked with SchubertUSA they have no fix and just say sorry.

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
Having recently bought the SRC for my S2...

There has to be something wrong with it? Have mailed the dealer and hoping for some solution.
Often I can't hear my girlfriend when using intercom from her C3 SRC. She claims everything is fine with her SRC and she can hear me just fine. I get some sort of constant old-style walkie-talkie scratchy sound whenever the intercom line is open. Just tried to make a phonecall and it's the same.

Maybe the built in antenna is crap? The SRC was several months delayed due to some problems during testing at the Schuberth factory - perhaps this is part of the reason...

MP3 via iPhone (bluetooth) is not a problem at all. Sounds great...

My 3 year old Interphone F4 didn't have these kind of problems except for the wires to speakers being to flimsy.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've had mine a couple months now too. Super comfortable, much better airflow than my Scorpion, but not really that much quieter. I normally ride with earplugs so no biggie.
Was it worth the premium price? Not so sure.