Don't get stuck behind the Bee transporter!!!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm at this four way stop intersection waiting to turn right. A big truck is facing me and is to turn left. So I'm already thinking - s u c k - now I gotta follow big slow truck down the country road. (insert sadness here).

but wait - it gets better. Not only is big slow truck a flat bed, its also loaded with a bunch of BEE HIVES with active bees flying all over in state of piss'ige!!! What luck! Even though I stayed WAAAAAAAAAY back they failed to stay on the truck and next to the hive andd at least a dozen of them bounced off me at 40mph but thankfully none in the helmet and NO stings, just splatter!

In the same day:
I also learned that running over larger sized road kill means you're following too close! (freeway ride in at 730Am) Plus it burns on contact with the headers making a steak fajitas like smell! :D

It fit under the little car in front of me and I looked away for second and there was red all over. I could have swerved but I don't think I woulda missed all of it anyways. . . . Another day of riding to work and lessons learned.

Ransom

Does anyone smell blue?
Reaction score
Visit site
it's good you hung back a bit from the truck...you can never "Bee" too careful. :BLAA: Sorry I had to do it!:spank:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Twice I've had a truck in front of me that was hauling Porta-Potties, and I've just detoured or stopped for coffee; no sense taking chances.
A bee flew into my helmet once, but I got the visor opened the rest of the way and it chased out before I got stung. Wasn't as lucky with a hornet, seemed like I saw him 1/4-mile away, high in the air, and it swooped down and stung me in the throat; that hurt!! :eek:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Lol I've had a similar experiences but different days and circumstances. With the bee thing I was riding up to my cousins wedding with full gear on and gauntlet gloves. In the summer I like to tuck the gauntlet inside the jacket for a little better air flow but I still velcro the sleeve over it. Well I'm running along about 70 mph and all the sudden I feel a sting on my right arm, I didn't know what it was at first and keep thinking there was just a rough spot on the jacket bothering my skin. Well I make it to the chapel and start to take my gear off and well a yellow jacket fell out of my sleeve and I had a welt on my arm. How that little bastard got in there I'll never know but he damn sure did.

And with the road kill, I left my house heading to work about 5:30am just like I always do got out on the main road in the left lane looked in my right mirror to move over and started to switch lanes and then.... HOLY **** THERES A DEAD DEER!!! It was laying right in the middle of the lanes and I hit it dead center. It felt like I probably got a 1ft of air off of it but I think someone else must have already ran over it and flattened it some or I think I would have went down. But I will admit that I used to get in "auto pilot" sometimes early in the morning and not paying as much attention as I should have, and I was also already in the process of switching lanes while I was looking in the mirror. So now I make sure I'm wide awake before I leave (thank you 5hr energy) and I don't move lane position while looking in the mirror...

Lessons learned lol

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
it's good you hung back a bit from the truck...you can never "Bee" too careful. :BLAA: Sorry I had to do it!:spank:

Good One!!!! :rolleyes:

Well I just gut done washing "fallen hero parts" off the bike so it doesn't dry on any further. Apparently I've now ruined everyone's holiday as its doing the lightning & Thunder thing! Oregon, Gotta Love it here! :Flip:

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Lol I've had a similar experiences but different days and circumstances. With the bee thing I was riding up to my cousins wedding with full gear on and gauntlet gloves. In the summer I like to tuck the gauntlet inside the jacket for a little better air flow but I still velcro the sleeve over it. Well I'm running along about 70 mph and all the sudden I feel a sting on my right arm, I didn't know what it was at first and keep thinking there was just a rough spot on the jacket bothering my skin. Well I make it to the chapel and start to take my gear off and well a yellow jacket fell out of my sleeve and I had a welt on my arm. How that little bastard got in there I'll never know but he damn sure did.

And with the road kill, I left my house heading to work about 5:30am just like I always do got out on the main road in the left lane looked in my right mirror to move over and started to switch lanes and then.... HOLY **** THERES A DEAD DEER!!! It was laying right in the middle of the lanes and I hit it dead center. It felt like I probably got a 1ft of air off of it but I think someone else must have already ran over it and flattened it some or I think I would have went down. But I will admit that I used to get in "auto pilot" sometimes early in the morning and not paying as much attention as I should have, and I was also already in the process of switching lanes while I was looking in the mirror. So now I make sure I'm wide awake before I leave (thank you 5hr energy) and I don't move lane position while looking in the mirror...

Lessons learned lol

ya, this is only the second round of critter misfortune. Hit a bunny one time while standing up stretching looking about on 350 mile ride. It was down already and easily avoidable if looking. At least it wasn't a massive black hole!