New Cycle Gear in Laurel, MD

oysters12

Reaction score
Visit site
The Cycle Gear store here in Melbourne FL now carries mostly Bilt gear and so far I haven't bought any thing. Does anyone have an opinion on it's quality? I know its typically lower price so they're trying to hit a certain market.

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
According to the clerk, they are the sole distributer of Blit. It's probably 40-60% of their stock.

Generally speaking, I'm a believer in you get what you pay for. If higher quality is what you're after, you need to shell out higher quality bills.

That's not to say it doesn't have it's place. Newer riders looking to get in cheaper would benefit. And nothing wrong with having some less expensive backup/rarely used gear.

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
Cycle Gear = crap.
Laurel, MD = crap.

I'll check it out for some sales, though. I'm not beyond doing that. And before you get pissed at me for saying Laurel is crap: PG County born and raised!:thumbup:

Last edited:

oaks

~~~~~
Reaction score
Visit site
Cycle Gear = crap.
Laurel, MD = crap.

Laurel is sometimes useful for bypassing traffic jams and shopping at Corridor Wine & Spirits. :BLAA: I lived there for a few years, once upon a time, but haven't had any reason or desire to go back. I want all those hub caps stolen off my car -- twice -- back, please.

Not expecting much from Cycle Gear, but will visit out of curiosity. Area dealers I've visited leave a lot to be desired gear-wise, too. And buying online sucks in its own special ways. Always nice to see stuff in person before buying.

Last edited:

Ransom

Does anyone smell blue?
Reaction score
Visit site
Cycle Gear = crap.
Laurel, MD = crap.

I'll check it out for some sales, though. I'm not beyond doing that. And before you get pissed at me for saying Laurel is crap: PG County born and raised!:thumbup:

How can you take pride in PG county?!?! :confused::BLAA:
But to each their own. I am not from "Murryland" originally so my pride falls somewhere else on the east coast..

Anyways, I plan to check out the store soon.

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
Go to CG to try stuff on (good luck with the selection) to get a feel for each manufacturers size variances, then buy online what they don't have in stock.

astrovan2487

Reaction score
Visit site
Cycle Gear = crap.
Laurel, MD = crap.
:D

very, very true. I work in PG Co., grew up in Montgomery Co, now live in Carroll Co, and hate the first two. It's the worst mix of ghetto and yuppies ever. There is nothing good in PG county in general. Heyser Cylce has a few nice, helpful people in sales but their prices make it a waste of time to go in there. Havent been in the new Cycle Gear store yet