Battery size?

Zack

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there,

It looks like my battery is kaput and have to buy new one. Does anybody know max battery size (WxHxD)?
I know that Wal Mart carries some motorcycle batteries. I am in Canada and I don't think we have that Wal Mart that well equipped as you do in USA. I guess I will have to search a bit around for right size.

Thanks,
Zack

Zack

Reaction score
Visit site
Solved problem with battery but not easily. Purchased Power Sonic for about 100 bucks, PT12B-4. Perfect match size wise. Installed it and no crank.

So I charged it overnight on slow charger, dang. Went to Wal Mart, purchased nice microprocessor charger, charged it for about 5 hours. Again no juice to start my FZ.

On Monday I went back and they replaced battery with no issues. They said that now and then there is a bad one (maybe Made in China has something to do with it?). By mistake they gave me PT14B-4. It is higher than old one. It still fits however. had to go to Home Depot to buy some M6 longer bolts to mount the battery cover.

Finally this one works fine! to get battery I actually went to Wal Mart but they didn't have proper model, at all. Hopefully I'll be OK for next 4-5 years.

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
its not only the size that you must check but the ampere/hour (ah) rate. i dont have the manual at hand but it should be round about 15-20ah, anything smaller, there s a tendency to burn the battery.