Headlights

davidmacknh

Reaction score
Visit site
My low beam is just NOT good enough. With both lights on it is ok, but what happens if my high beam goes out? What to do?

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:David to our great forum! :D

The FZ6 has 1 H7 single filament bulb on the left and 1 H4 dual filament bulb on the right. The dual filament bulb only utilizes 1 of the 2 filaments as it come from the factory. If your High beam fails you only have the one low beam on the left side. Because of this there are a few mods to light up the unused low beam on the right. This way you have a light on both sides at all times and when you turn on the high beam filament the low beam filament turns off to prevent overheating and premature failure of the lamp.

If you look at my signature below you will see a link for the headlamp mod.
Click on the link and you will go to the page that has downloadable PDFs for instructions and explanation on the headlamp mod.

Again welcome to this great forum!

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yamaha dealer won't do this, however a bike shop might.

As I've said in that other thread, get the bd43 wire and make it so the low beam filament of the H4 lights up on lowbeam. (on low beam, it's the one that's currently not lit)

The bike was originally designed for this, but I've heard the Europeans took issue with both bulbs being lit may look like a car a long way off. (to morons, that is...)

So the wire was taken out of ALL FZ6 bikes sold around the world.

Once you've got the wire to which I refer, it's an honest 15mins work to fit it. (that's including lifting the tank)

Lift the tank, plug one end of the wire into the plug in the little rubber boot, have a couple of zip ties to attach the new wire to the existing harness and run it to the H4 bulb. Open the flap on the H4 socket insert the plug and snap closed.

Instantly you'll have both lights working.

Cheers,
Rick

Last edited: