Neutral Light issues?

Darnett

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello i washed my bike today dried it all off, and after i noticed that my neutral light turns on every time i engage the clutch and was wondering what the problem was. the light is dim when im shifting to a gear and it brightens up when im in neutral

Darnett

Reaction score
Visit site
Disregard the previous post, a few hours later it fixed its self. i dont know if i just got water in the electrical conection or what. :cheer:

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, be VERY careful when spraying water on your bike.
I know someone a while back used a pressure washer and had to clean and dry every electrical connector on the bike. You shouldn't use anything more than light spraying and keep it to parts where theres not much to screw up.

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
So far, I've "washed" my bike with a wet microfiber in one hand and a dry in the other. This seems to work well for weekly upkeep of the painted surfaces. Drape a wet towel over the front for 5-10 minutes to rehydrate the bug cemetery.

Less often, use older beat up rags to wipe the funk off the lower bits. No hose necessary thus far.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
My neutral light does that every time I wash it or ride in the rain, it's never caused any issues and always goes back to normal operation once it dries back out so I've never really cared to look into it any further.