fallen rider in kentucky

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
I dont know the dude, but he lost control of his bike and hit the guard rail. he was killed on impact, he was not wearing his helmet.

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
Even with wearing a helmet he could have died anyways, still...i'm sure it would have been better to test the helmet first..

RIP to the unfortunate biker, nobody deserves to loose their life.

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
accident happened april 30. apparently he was going too fast for the turn, lost it and hit the guard rail. yes its true even if he had a helmet on he still could have died. those of you who dont want to wear helmets, thats fine, i didnt add the point that he was not wearing a helmet as a rub to those who dont wear them. that is the way it was reported.

WAVE 3 TV Louisville, KY | Man killed in motorcycle accident

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
RIP

Darwin strikes again...

My thoughts exactly. A helmet doesn't always save you, but it sure helps the survival rate. Though I won't impose my values, there are risks that we are all willing to take. Unfortunately he did not make out in the deal....

My condolences to his family and friends...

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear it, that story is played out over and over. I don't remember the specific numbers but of the motorcyclists who died in Texas last year the vast majority were NOT wearing helmet, about 65% if I remember correctly.

I saw one other stat that of all the crashes 19% hit one cheek or the other.

Helmet make a very, very big difference. The rest of the gear is really icing on the cake to prevent road rash and broken/bruised joints.

Road rash can lead to Staff Infections. I'm sure Nelly or MadMan can add more to that topic.

Please do yourself and your loved ones a big favor and always wear your lid.