Hyper Lite VS Knight Rider LED's

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
For all those who have either of these please let me/us know your thoughts on there purchase. Also how easy are they to install? I am looking to add one or the other for added visibility from behind. That's one thing I always worry about being rear ended. Thanks in advance.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
I have Skene Design

I was deciding between Hyper lites or these and saw both installed and working.
Skene are great, so far 6k miles and no problems.

The front ones are at %100 all the time, then blink with the normal blinkers at the same pace.

The back ones are at %50 all the time, %100 when the brakes are applied and blink with the original turn signals at the same speed.

I think they are one of the best mods I could ever do, specially if you ride at night and in a city like NY with lots of crazy people out there.

I have a little video with them on, notice the blinking in the video is not the way they look to the normal human eye. It's something that happens with LEDs and video cameras.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXxls6zCDYg]BMW R1200R New Exhaust, LED lights and Hand-guards. - YouTube[/ame]

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've had Hyper lights on the rear of all my bikes 3 or 4 bikes over the last 5 years (and the back of my SUV).

Between my bikes and my friends, I've never had a failure of the module or lights, my friend did have a failure of half the 16 LED light assembly which Hyper lights replaced without question and had them in the mail before he took his off... Excellent customer service..

With that said, on my FZ, I have the combo running/brake light set up. I have it mounted just above the tag. As there's only one stock rear running/brake light, this backs it up 100% should you blow the stock bulb. I also have it set up to blink constantly when the brakes are activated.

Its not diffucult to wire at all and comes with "Posi taps" for tieing into existing wires without any hacking. I have them tied in under the left pod near the wire junction

As a quick side note, there's few wires to hook up. When they want a separate wire to power up the brake light, you can just tie that to the running power light wire and save one connection...

If you go in "my garage" here on the forum, there's a picture of the Hyper light attached to the bike. Also, IMHO 2 16 bulb LEDs are too bright.....

I can't speak for the other brand but the Hyper light is considerably brighter, running and brake light than the stocker.. (2-3 times)

5-17-12, here's a picture of the 16 LED mounted up. I made an aluminum bracket that bolts between the tag and the fender with a 90 degree bend that the LED attaches to. I also moved the reflector up just slightly to clear everything..

Last edited:

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've had Hyper lights on the rear of all my bikes

Excellent customer service..

Its not diffucult to wire at all and comes with "Posi taps" for tieing into existing wires without any hacking. I have them tied in under the left pod near the wire junction

As a quick side note, there's few wires to hook up. When they want a separate wire to power up the brake light, you can just tie that to the running power light wire and save one connection...

I can't speak for the other brand but the Hyper light is considerably brighter, running and brake light than the stocker.. (2-3 times)

+1 i have hyperlites SUPER BRIGHT AND NOTICABLE...kinda pricey but worth it imho. had it for 11k miles no issues (knock on wood)

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
my friend did have a failure of half the 16 LED light assembly which Hyper lights replaced without question and had them in the mail before he took his off... Excellent customer service..

Happened to me too, but they replaced them without question. +1 on the customer service. Mine's been going strong since.

Mark, you've seen mine.

This product gets the VR stamp of approval!

CADMAN

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a little late but great choice.

Added a 16 module Hyper-Lite to my (new to me 11 JUNE) 07 FZ6 with FAZR6 FE kit. The module fit perfectly underneath the support bracket between the exhaust with some added 3M moulding tape between the bracket and exhaust where the FE kit says to place a ty-wrap.

This is my third time with Hyper-Lites, 86 Radian and 00 ZR-7. It seems more comfortable hoping to be seen before being hit from the rear.