Pc3 mpg

tanman

Reaction score
Visit site
Just thought someone might be interested in the mpg difference between a pc3 and without with the guideline euro scorpion map. I had been getting around 180 to 190 miles per tank of fuel without and 158 was the worst I had the other day. 158 was exact, as I ran out of fuel :(. So I have removed the pc3 now it's on eBay. I use it daily as my only transport and with the uk fuel prices blah blah blah. I've also noticed a much smother throttle response from stock. I'm saving to buy my Mates mt03 in a couple months so couldn't afford to get it dyno'd with a custom map. If I had I'm sure it would have been better. Dan.

Phil_RC_1

07-FZ6, 09-FZ1, 06-R*
Reaction score
Visit site
The map is everything when it comes to the PCIII (or any other EFI tuner). Technically, you could get better then stock MPG if you have it mapped for efficiency. The great thing about it is that you could have the lower throttle % and RPM of your normal cruising range adjusted for efficiency/mpg, and then tune the upper end strictly for power. This would result in the best of both worlds.

On to the mt03 I guess! Good luck.

On a side note: I only have limited experience with EFI tuners like the PCIII, I'm more used to fooling around with carbs, but I have noticed a similar mentality with people. Everyone seems to think that the more fuel you add (Bigger jets in a carb, or big +++ in the EFI tuners) the more power that you will make. That's just wrong thinking, in either case it's about getting the A/F ratio right for your intended goals. Sometimes you'll need to add fuel in certain places but inevitably you'll need to subtract fuel in a lot of places (Unless you've added hot cams or other engine internals) to get the A/F correct. Most of these mfg standard maps are ludicrously rich.

VUU

VW gearhead
Reaction score
Visit site
Second that, My mileage went up a couple ticks when I installed my pcIII, unless you are running pipes, stick to the stock map and get it tuned as soon as you reasonably can, nothing like making more power and getting better mileage, just make sure when you go to get it tuned that the guy knows what you are shooting for.

scottyblumps

Keep it on 2
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a pc3 and akrapovic system installed, I used the akrapovic map from the website and I get between 25 mpg city and 35 mpg highway. Is this what I should be expecting?

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow that's terrible mileage. I get about 45 miles per gallon with my Leo Vince exhaust and no PCIII. I did remove the cat and some air thingie over the engine. You should get a lot better mileage.

VUU

VW gearhead
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah...that's really bad I'm running PCIII, no exhaust kn filter on the base map and getting about 40-45MPG depending on use

scottyblumps

Keep it on 2
Reaction score
Visit site
I changed to a Map that I found on the forum A&J performance Map. The bike is so smooth now, I am now getting between 35 - 40 mpg. Is this similar to what others are experiencing?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Stock ECU, No aftermarket maps, stock cat, Scorp mufflers, no DB killers, iridiums, about 45-48MPG around town taking it moderatly easy.. Runs like a clock, very happy with the performance/sound...