Material about riding techniques

ba4x

Reaction score
Visit site
Anybody have any suggestions for material on riding technique/form? Such as books, DVDs, specific youtube videos, websites etc?

I'm looking to learn more, but it's hard to know where to start. I'm just starting to really get off the bike and lean, it's super fun and I want to learn more about riding theory. I'll look into track days more when I can spend the money on full leathers. Hit Palomar Mountain for the first time today, i love being reminded of how deep the sport and mastery of motorcycle riding can go. I'm definitely still in the shallow end.

I was talking to Goop and he mentioned this book:
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Sport-Riding-Techniques-Develop-Confidence/dp/1893618072/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1336274130&sr=1-1]Sport Riding Techniques: How To Develop Real World Skills for Speed, Safety, and Confidence on the Street and Track (9781893618077): Nick Ienatsch, Kenny Roberts: Books[/ame]

Any favorite resources? Maybe there's a thread out there i'm missing? :don'tknow:

ba4x

Reaction score
Visit site
Check this forum Essential Reading & Viewing - Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum

My personal choice? The Riding Bible by James R. Davis

Also, I did an advanced rider course - brilliant. Learnt so many more tips there :thumbup:

Thanks! And I totally missed that forum, my bad!

watch twist of the wrist 2 it is "The cornering bible"

Wow, what a video! It's super cheesy but it's exactly what I was looking for. Had to watch the part about lines and turn in points a few times - really good stuff in here! Thanks.