Recap of my previous projects:

- FZ6 v1.0:

View attachment 3458

I just did not like the Acerbis headlight, so I went with:

- FZ6 v1.1:

View attachment 3459

That one unfortunately ended up here:

View attachment 3460

It was totalled, so I decided to use the insurance money to get a used '06 and make it this:

- FZ6 v2.0

2337696179_be517d2102.jpg

That one took a beating last weekend:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi6tc-9UF9w"]YouTube- Ojai... a bad ending to a great day.[/ame]

and I lost the headlight + seat cowl + bellypan. Fortunately, everything else is intact, so I am starting the new V3.0 (should actually be v2.1 but since it was a miracle that my bike made it out almost intact, I call it v3.0):

- FZ6 v3.0 This is how the bike looks like today:

2444636262_72bcfc05e9.jpg

Last edited:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Now this project will be fairly straight forward:

- Phantom 4 headlight coming from Germany
View attachment 3463 View attachment 3464

- Black powder coated top triple (part on its way from Hellgate!!! thanks again man!!!)

- Ordered the LSL Streetbars, black aluminum with black bar ends from here: LSL Handle Bars

- Ordered new front sprocket 15t (stock is 16t) from the same website above.

- will probably cut the rear passenger peg brackets (coming off the subframe).

- find a way to mount Oso's setback plates for the rearsets

Last edited:

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
No bellypan or seatcowl for me anymore... at least for now :D

I`ve destroyed 2 bellypans in a year... it's time to say NO to plastics :Sport:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Looking forward to seeing the new light on there.

The seat cowel is ruined? I'd take it off your hands if it's fixable at all (track use).

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking forward to seeing the new light on there.

The seat cowel is ruined? I'd take it off your hands if it's fixable at all (track use).

Seat cowl is scratched on top (not bad), and has one tab broken off (used to lock it against the passenger grab rail). It's definitely fixable, but I want to see if I can do something with it before I part with it. If not, it`ll be yours.

I will also salvage the headlight mini fairing... I looked at it in details and it`s structurally intact. A good wet sand and some carbon fiber to rebuild a couple of mounts (in the back) and it`ll look brand new. I am looking around ebay for a gixxer headlight (K5), so far I only found some for around $200, but if I find a good deal I`ll get it and have 2 headlights :rockon: Either I`ll keep both and swap them depending on my mood, or I`ll just sell the K5.

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
So after 2 crashes, I also decided to replace my helmet (Shoei RF1000)... could not find any signs of damage to the inside of the helmet, but I am not going to take a risk with our most critical safety item.

I hesitated between a Scorpion EXO1000 and another RF1000 and finally ended up taking the Shoei again, just because I know they fit me great and are light. I also heard the Scorpions are heavier and more noisy than the Shoei...

This one is glossy black with a silver mirror shield :Sport:

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
cool looking forward to seeing v3.0 completed. Let me know if you run in to spare mirrors ;-)

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
You`re looking for rizoma mirrors? mine will remain on my bike until death, but did you see the new ones they came out with?

Check pjsparts.com...

These are their new Circuit 851:

View attachment 3469

Expensive, but beautiful!!

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I love Rizoma quality products especially their mirrors and LED signal lights. I would not hesitate and buy the Rizoma handle bar mirrors, except for the fact that I cannot find reasonably priced fillers for the stock front fender mirror holes. I saw some for like $60 a pop - that is a rip. I have invested too much now to go naked.

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
First of all, it is NEVER to late to go naked :D Parts can sell very quickly for probably more than you need to convert :p

Agreed about the rest, all rizoma products survived the crash and they look like it did not happen (and the mirrors dug in deep in the dirt) :thumbup: