Naked kit running lights?

zackeeboy

Reaction score
Visit site
So I have ordered my VS01 kit from Vishnu and am going naked as soon as it arrives. I was looking through the installation instructions and see that this kit has a running light on the unit below the main lamp. I was curious if people used this as their running light or if they kept the signals as running lights (or wired both?). I was originally intending to wire the signals as running lights like stock, but now I am not sure. I am also not sure of New York laws regarding running lights. Thanks for the input!

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
I maintained the OEM 3 wire front turn signals when I installed my VS-02 kit, so they remain my running lights. However, it is funny you bringt this up, because I was considering "sizing down" the OEM signals with something a little smaller and nicer looking and then wiring in the running light that is included with the VS kits.

Maybe Vishnu can chime in here, but it would be awesome if he could supply the plug for that connection so it could be seamlessly wired in.

zackeeboy

Reaction score
Visit site
I maintained the OEM 3 wire front turn signals when I installed my VS-02 kit, so they remain my running lights. However, it is funny you bringt this up, because I was considering "sizing down" the OEM signals with something a little smaller and nicer looking and then wiring in the running light that is included with the VS kits.

Maybe Vishnu can chime in here, but it would be awesome if he could supply the plug for that connection so it could be seamlessly wired in.

Well that's what started all this - I ordered some Rizoma's to put on the front and also purchased the "Magic Blinker" in order to turn the 2 wire signals into three wire running lights. But now I am unsure how I want to proceed... It would be a lot less wiring if I used the running light on the kit, but I am unsure where it is actually located and what it looks like.

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
The running light is on the bottom of the VS headlight and has a two wire plug coming out of the back. If I recall correctly, at least one of the two wires is blue.

I think wiring it in shouldnt be too difficult considering we already have the running light wires for the turn signals.