Has anyone replaced their rear reflector with a brake light.

Dresnewtoy

Reaction score
Visit site
Like the headline says. I removed the rear reflector as seen in the pic and want to put a LED brake light there instead. Has anyone tried this? If you did, what did you put there and where can i get it?
brake.jpg

Peace
Dre

Last edited:

Dresnewtoy

Reaction score
Visit site
Checked out hyperlites. I'm just going to wire them up as standard brake lights only. Those are too expensive for my taste.

I'll search around and post the results.

Thanks for the input.

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very interested in this - I have a Ventura rack, so I'm thinking visibility of my brake light might be limited for trucks it they're too close - so this is something I've thought of.

Either that, or I install LED strips on the back of the rack....

Cheers,
Rick

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I moved the reflector up some (ground off the attaching tab/threads) and secured slightly higher with silicone.

I then made a bracket out of aluminum, that bolts to the upper tag bolts with a 90 degree tab the size of the LED (16). The Hyperlight I used is both a running light (back up running light) and flashing brake light. Its attached to the tab with two sided tape (included, 3M). Tucks in nice and neat, very, very functional...

Super bright in running mode, still have the reflector and even brighter with the brake light activated.

I found the 16 LED or two, eight LEDs are plenty. My friend had two 16 LED'S on his bike and IMHO, was too bright.. The single, 16 LED is not nearly as obtrusive...

Hyperlights: http://www.hyperlites.com/

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
FWIW: in this state - its required to have a sporty little reflector. Although I doubt you'd get cited for not having one.