Best Local Roads

acniss

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok I know there is a Thread at the top about great roads, But I want to find out what are the best roads you ride in your area. I'm defining "area" as within a hour to two hour ride from your living room.

To start my favorte one so far, I just rode today. NC 209. "The Rattler". It is great it's about 30 to 45 minutes from my living room. It goes through the mountains of WNC (Western North Carolina) It has everything from veiws to twists, and places to open her up for some straight fun with the right hand. I had the excuse of going to there to find a client who lives on the road. So working om my day off got me a great ride. I wish I had a camera so I show you so vids, or at least remembered to stop to get some pics. But I don't have a vid cam, and was having to much fun to stop. I know weekdays are hard to get off for people but man I only ran into one cager and slow moving cruiser bike the whole road. but if your close you should run this one during the week. Weekends it has more bikes then cagers my client said. Just wanted to let you know if I remember to get pics next time I ride it.

PS please put pics and vids, and more then one road you love is always welcome.

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In upper westchester, ny my favorite roads are rt106 "mini tail of the dragon", rt 218 ( basically a road carved right out of a mountain), rt 301 Nice back to back sweeps, and peekskill hollow road (it reminds me of the isle of man race where the racers literally fly over elevated roads :eek: im pretty sure its possible on this roads. LOTS of ups and Downs). im gunna ride this on thursday hopefully people can make it!

keef

Reaction score
Visit site
A couple months ago, I found an App for my iPhone called Greatest Roads.
Thru this app I found a great route in Alexandria, Kentucky. Took rt 10 east to rt 22 and then a straight shot back to Alexandria on US 27.

Rt 10 has nice sweeping curves and is rolling hills cleared out for farm land. Rt. 22 is much more challenging and you cannot see thru the curves, I did not know what was around the corner. It was great!

Next month I have a trip planned to the Smokey's. Not sure if I am going to ride the dragon or not. I heard that it is packed with motorcycles and sport cars. I imagine there are other great roads in the Smokey's to explore.

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok I know there is a Thread at the top about great roads, But I want to find out what are the best roads you ride in your area. I'm defining "area" as within a hour to two hour ride from your living room.

To start my favorte one so far, I just rode today. NC 209. "The Rattler". It is great it's about 30 to 45 minutes from my living room. It goes through the mountains of WNC (Western North Carolina)...

PS please put pics and vids, and more then one road you love is always welcome.

The rides from Black Mountain to Chimney Rock (filming location of Last of the Mohicans) and from Black MTN. to Mt. Mitchell (highest point east of the Miss. River) are pretty awesome too.

red_rock_beetle

Reaction score
Visit site
the three sisters (in red on the left) is about a 2.5 hr ride to get too,i have yet to make:( but i hear its KILLER!! but full of harleys:BLAA:

map.jpg

acniss

Reaction score
Visit site
I have done the back mountain to Chimney Rock a couple of times, Im thinking of making it my sunday after church ride. I have yet to take advantage of the black mountain to Mt. mitchell ride but Im planing to soon.