Moonshine Lunch Run Report

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
No, its not what it sounds like.... lol

Every year in a small town of Moonshine, Illinois there is a large motorcycle gathering at the local country store. Riders from all over the country come in for one weekend to enjoy a cheeseburger from the store. The weather is usually always poor but people still show up.

The man that started the ride, Terry Hammond, was quoted to say, "If you dont make it to Moonshine, you aint a motorcycle rider, just a motorcycle owner." Well, I guess Im a rider now. :) Terry passed away a couple years ago now and since then this event he created has continued to grow. This year was a record year, only 900 bikes made it to the store and 1300 burgers were sold. But it was still an awesome experience and if any of you are looking for an amazing trip to make next spring, this is the one you need to make!

My report is long but has plenty of pictures. At the bottom I included a link to my photobucket album with over 200 photos of the ride. So grab a cold drink and enjoy. Hope to see some of you up there next year!

MOONSHINE LUNCH RUN!