flush mount signal help

braden07

Reaction score
Visit site
hey guys,

so i was installing some flush mount signals on my 07 fz6. Got everything out okay and when i was connecting the wires for the flush mount i noticed that my flush mount only has 2 wires and they are just free hanging wires with some gold connector thing at the end and not a special plastic like the stock one. So i tried hooking one up and being stupid i turned on the bike and hit the right signal button. The blinker showed on the display but was going hella fast and then stoped. I tried reconnecting the stock ones and now when i turn the bike on they dont even light up or work when trying to activate the turn signal nor do my rear signals work.. i was searching the forums looking for some help and some other people have had some similar problems but i was more wondering about if maybe my issue is the flush mount signal itself only having 2 wires and not a 3 and the whole connector issue. here is a link for the mounts i bought:

BikeMaster Universal Flush Mount Marker Light Kit - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

do you think its okay to use this? and what should i do to try and fix this problem? i really appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Brady

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Double check that you have a rear running light. The fuse for the directionals is the same as the tail lamp if you don't have tail lamp/running lights you won't have directionals and visa versa because they are the same fuse.

Now let's go back to your front wiring.
The original front signals have a dual filament bulb on each side. One filament is for the directional and the other is a running lamp.
The running lamp is on the same circuit as your tail lamp. If you've shorted the blue wires up front you will short out the fuse that runs the directionals and tail lamp.
Are your blue wires correctly terminated? If you only have 2 wires and you're using these flushmounts for signals the wires should be as follows:

Left: Chocolate/brown and black wires

Right: Dark green and black.

There is always the possibility you shorted the circuit and took out the original flasher so after you've rechecked your wiring and you are confident the fuse is good and you have a tail lamp but no flashers, order a new electronic flasher Super Bright LEDs - Electronic LED Flashers Specifications LF1-S-Flat :D

By the way...:welcome:to our forum! I see you joined in June 2011 and have just the 2 posts. Hook up with this friendly group and make some friends! :BLAA:

braden07

Reaction score
Visit site
first of all thanks for the help, now i need a little more assistance :)

i checked the fuses this morning and turns out the rear light fuse was blown.. replaced the fuse and then mounted the flush mounts wrapped the "bullet tip" ends with electrical tape and double checked i was putting the right ones in the right spot which i was (i think) and then turned it on and bingo it was working.. partly... the right side was all good.. both blinkers (front and back) were signaling properly.. go to the left side and the rear blinker is working but front is not.. i check the bulb and it was fine, filament connected good etc.. so i decided to switch the flush mounts put right on left and left on right and when i switched them neither front blinker was working this time and when i switched them back to the original the right one still wouldnt work.. to ensure it wasnt a wire problem (wires on the bike) i plugged back in the original signals and all functions were working properly on both sides front and back (running lights, hazards, and signals) and when i go to plug the connectors from the flushmounts still nothing.. cant quite figure out what the problem is..
bulbs are fine
one unit was working until i switched sides and then switched back
wiring on bike is fines since i plugged in the originals and they both worked

any ideas?? thanks again so much.. oh and id be happy to post pics if ya think it be helpful..

-brady