Fender eliminator

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A fellow forum member (FAZR6) makes and sells FE kits on eBay. The FE kit is great and actually uses the stock signals and license plate light. Everything you need is included along with step by step instructions. There are quite a few members here who have one.

'04- 09 Yamaha FZ6 Fender Eliminator Kit | eBay

+1 on this. You'll find many of us use this kit as its clean, simple, and easy. Has held up nicely over the years as well.

Scorpio

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Jim Karam

Trying to Keep Up
Reaction score
www.karam.com
+2 on FAZR6's fender eliminator. You can see from my signature that it was the first mod that I ever did (I was one of his first purchasers). It works great and has held up for years.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
+3on FAZR6's FE, its easy to fit clean lines kepps the stock indicators (which means less attention from plod and thats a good thing) so you dont have to spend on after market ones if you dont want to .

7UPyours

Reaction score
Visit site
Just installed Larry's fender eliminator and wow what a difference in appearance, awesome product and highly recommended for fraction of a price to others

C

CoolATIGuy

Sounds like Larry gets some good compliments...may try out his FE myself now...

Q: Has anyone run into or heard of LEO's frowning on license plates mounted at an angle (vs straight on, like the stock fender does)? I've wondered, especially with the sideways mounted ones down by the wheel some bikes have...

Pope Mobile

Von Skump
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a universal Targa FE on a whim one day. It was only $20. LED license plate light was about $5. The only thing my friend and I had to do was fabricate a plate to mount it to, but he had some sheet metal laying around so it was easy.
We traced the outline of fender, cut out a rough, working model, semi-mounted it, then made a cleaner one.
All told, we did everything for about $50 (that includes tin snips and new turn signals). FAZR6's looks a hell of a lot better though and is a nice price point. You're probably golden going with that.

Q: Has anyone run into or heard of LEO's frowning on license plates mounted at an angle (vs straight on, like the stock fender does)? I've wondered, especially with the sideways mounted ones down by the wheel some bikes have...

Laws vary from state to state, and really it depends on the LEO that you're talking to. I've yet to run into or hear of one frowning on such plates, and there are a lot in Seattle. I want to go to a swingarm mounted one myself at some point.

Last edited:

sockstobed

Reaction score
Visit site
I got the ermax number plate kit... I ordered it from Frog Specialties Import-Export. Already painted for the bike. I paid a lil more for the intergraded turn signals but its super nice...

IMG_20120509_073657.jpg

irish190

Reaction score
Visit site

Really depends on the LEO. Quite a few here in Tenn. are getting tickets for that. Just recently been a bunch given out.

KydeX

Reaction score
Visit site
A fellow forum member (FAZR6) makes and sells FE kits on eBay. The FE kit is great and actually uses the stock signals and license plate light. Everything you need is included along with step by step instructions. There are quite a few members here who have one.

'04- 09 Yamaha FZ6 Fender Eliminator Kit | eBay

I bought this one recently, but haven't fitted it yet. One question: will you get a lot more dirt on your back when riding in the rain with this compared to the stock fender?

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
not so much dirt on your back but the tail light and the seat do get more muck certainly. But then again there is a sh1t load of mud in our street due to new house construction so everything is grotty, notice it most on the hugger
all the mor reason to wash the bike more often
IMHO the look really outweighs the dirt factor

nixter

Reaction score
Visit site
Installed mine last night and it looks so much better while still keeping an OEM feel. I just wish the stock signals didn't bounce around so much. I guess it's due to their weight and rubber fastening system. They did that with the stock fender as well so it's nothing to do with the FEK just to be clear.

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought this one recently, but haven't fitted it yet. One question: will you get a lot more dirt on your back when riding in the rain with this compared to the stock fender?

Hey guys,

Does anyone know how to get in contact with Larry on the FZ6 Eliminator kit?

I'm look ing to incorporate this into my Two Brothers Exhaust.:thumbup: