slipon VS full exhaust

Shockwave

Reaction score
Visit site
So im looking at Two brothers exhaust, 2 options are slip on or the full exhaust system.

I would assume the full exhaust would include the header, pipe ect...

my question is: is it worth the extra bucks to replace the whole system or better to just but the slipon?

sorry for the noob question.

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So im looking at Two brothers exhaust, 2 options are slip on or the full exhaust system.

my question is: is it worth the extra bucks to replace the whole system or better to just but the slipon?

i depends what your looking for...for performance/ increase HP get the full system....for looks and sound get the slip on

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site

I'm pretty sure two bros only makes a full system for the FZ6R, not the FZ6. I'm sure you'll love the two bros slip on...get it!

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes as others have said no one makes a full system for the fz6 as of now, the most you can get is the slip on's and a cat delete pipe, I'm not sure what year fz your getting but if you get a 07+ if you absolutely wanted to you could put 04-06 headers on since they do not have cats in the headers, but the cats are really high flowing and personally don't think it would be worth the money.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Keep in mind when you decat you'll prolly want to do fuel management like a PClll or PCV and get it dyno'd. $$$$
Slip ons might be a better choice...:thumbup:

Phil_RC_1

07-FZ6, 09-FZ1, 06-R*
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone know a good site to get some decent slip-ons at a good price?

Sorry, I didn't find anything that I thought was resonable, so I DIY'ed my own. Chevy has one of the best DIY slip-ons that I've seen, but he is obviously a great welder and has excellent fab skills.

With a little imagination and some basic skills, a DIY can be done relatively cheaply and fairly easy.

The closest thing I found to reasonable is the 2 Brothers (LINK)
The GPR is pretty cool too (LINK) and could be a good concept for a DIY project.

!Bll5WW!!Wk~$(KGrHqYH-CgEtrM6s27kBLcTv3MTj!~~_12.JPG

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Would a slip on exhaust need a power commander?

I bought a bike with an aftermarket exhaust but there's no power commander.

Bike seems to run fine, but without a dyno to quantify and compare all I have no substantial evidence that the slip on exhaust doesn't downgrade the performance of the bike.

thoughts?

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Would a slip on exhaust need a power commander?

I bought a bike with an aftermarket exhaust but there's no power commander.

Bike seems to run fine, but without a dyno to quantify and compare all I have no substantial evidence that the slip on exhaust doesn't downgrade the performance of the bike.

thoughts?

Quick answer would be no, the pcIII is not needed.

This topic has been discussed a lot a quick search and you could find lots of info on it

cowboys647

Reaction score
Visit site
My bike ran perfectly when I bought it but when I installed my two brothers exhaust I had to mess around with the co adjustments and add fuel because it was backfiring so much. Better flow means more hp