Poll: Northest FZ6 Meet -Pick an August weekend!

Which August weekend for this meet?

• 9/10

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • 16/17

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 23/24

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • 30/31

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
the 9/10 weekend and the 30/31 weekends are both race weekends so keira and i will be working at the track...

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
the 9/10 weekend and the 30/31 weekends are both race weekends so keira and i will be working at the track...

feel free to come on up to Loudon and check out the races, and cornerwork if you feel up to it. It's a good time, especially if you are the camping, bench racing, being semi-rowdy (i.e. grownup craziness) type

Chopstick

Reaction score
Visit site
Is it n00b friendly? (i.e. ~ < 3 months of riding) Also, the 24th is my birthday. This completely makes it obligatory for you to accommodate me. :p

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
yes, it will be newbie friendly. We are all responsible riders and will work to accommodate different skill levels. i can tell you that as of now, I am still not as comfortable on my FZ6 when pushing it like I was on my Ninja. I have only logged about 200miles on my bike so far and have not had time to ride it. I will be riding it again next week.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Is it n00b friendly? (i.e. ~ < 3 months of riding) Also, the 24th is my birthday. This completely makes it obligatory for you to accommodate me. :p

Yes, n00b friendly. I voted for the 23rd/24th and it looks like Rob and Keira are also available that weekend.

In the official meet thread, I've stated that this will be a controlled ride with a leader and sweeper and no hooligans allowed. Breakouts from the pack will be asked to not finish the trip with the group and go their own way.

Typically a ride like this puts the experienced and faster riders in the front with a leader to control the pace and who has radio contact with the sweeper. The less experienced or slower riders are in the back and monitored by the sweeper. Before the ride, a series of hand signals will be communicated. Usually the lead pack might break away a bit from the slower riders but a good leader always checks in with the sweeper and ALWAYS stops at an intersection to wait for the group before making a direction change. At some points, the group can stop and some of the faster and experienced riders may make a couple "spirited" runs through a set of twisties while others may want a break and a stretch. :)

A good read for those of you just gaining experience is "The Pace" I HIGHLY recommend this as an almost mandatory read before taking your chances on the street as well as your first few group rides. :thumbup:

Hope we can have a big turnout and a 100% safe ride! :rockon:

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We have 9 votes in. Thus far, 23/24th is ahead. Those that voted otherwise, would you be able to make this weekend?

Let's have an official raise of hands:

Who can attend if this were the 23/24th?

1. FZ6inNH
2. FZ6inNH's wife

Please reply and add your name as well as any guests that may be coming with you. Thank all!!

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Guys,

I'll make whatever weekend it is. I just picked one and it happened to be the least popular.:D

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
jeeze... if the campsite is a rockin'....

all sorts of pairs! Singles are allowed too, but great to have as many as possible!!!

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
1. FZ6inNH
2. FZ6inNH's wife
3. Reiobard
4. Keira (Mrs.Reiobard)
5. Andyjo
5.1 Andyjo's Girlfriend (2up)
6. Dankatz
7. Chuckfz6ryder
8. Mrs. Ninja Chuckfz6ryder

Others?

Can we get a volunteer for calling campsites to get pricing for whomever will be camping? Post some sites/prices and what time frame we need to reserve them to guarantee? Please be sure motorcycles are allowed, ok? Thanks!!!

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
1. FZ6inNH
2. FZ6inNH's wife
3. Reiobard
4. Keira (Mrs.Reiobard)
5. Andyjo
6. Dankatz
7. Chuckfz6ryder

Others?

Can we get a volunteer for calling campsites to get pricing for whomever will be camping? Post some sites/prices and what time frame we need to reserve them to guarantee? Please be sure motorcycles are allowed, ok? Thanks!!!

I can call and ask, but will most likely need a total for people and also how many sites we need, as well as an area to look into.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
1. FZ6inNH
2. FZ6inNH's wife
3. Reiobard
4. Keira (Mrs.Reiobard)
5. Andyjo
6. Dankatz
7. Chuckfz6ryder
9. tom5796

Others?

Thanks Reiobard for checking on the camp sites. Count in the wife and I!

Status
Not open for further replies.