taillight/signals failure

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe somebody has had this before and can give me some clues.

Riding home last night I noticed my indicators had stopped working (nothing on the dash and i couldn't see them working on front). When I got back home I realized my tail lights where out too :eek:

Checked the fuse this morning and it was fine, switched the bike on and the lights where working as normal, and no problems riding to work today.

I suspect it's a problem with a switch or connection somewhere, I did test my horn though and that was working. It was raining yesterday, but nothing special. Going to make sure I get home before it goes dark tonight just in case.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe somebody has had this before and can give me some clues.

Riding home last night I noticed my indicators had stopped working (nothing on the dash and i couldn't see them working on front). When I got back home I realized my tail lights where out too :eek:

Checked the fuse this morning and it was fine, switched the bike on and the lights where working as normal, and no problems riding to work today.

I suspect it's a problem with a switch or connection somewhere, I did test my horn though and that was working. It was raining yesterday, but nothing special. Going to make sure I get home before it goes dark tonight just in case.

The tail/running light and signal fuse are the same.Start by reinspecting and/or changing that fuse and check wiring coming from that fuse assembly on. :Flash:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The tail/running light and signal fuse are the same.Start by reinspecting and/or changing that fuse and check wiring coming from that fuse assembly on. :Flash:

I'd say before every riding season, pull the pod panels and inner fairing panels and inspect everything for corrosion by unpluging the connections. Same is true for unseating and removing the relays/fuses. Especially for bikes that live outdoors and ride on coastal boundaries.

A signal not working could cost us a life. I check my lights every time the key is inserted. It only takes a second to do a quick look.

Good Eye!

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
i'll check tomorrow, the bike is garaged and doesn't have that hard a life :D

it didn't look like any muck had penetrated the side pods, worth mentioning it's naked so the handlebar switches might be more exposed

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
i'll check tomorrow, the bike is garaged and doesn't have that hard a life :D

it didn't look like any muck had penetrated the side pods, worth mentioning it's naked so the handlebar switches might be more exposed

Only the blinkers were doa? Is you're an electronic one or still the OEM mechanical one? Perhaps you should grab a spare?

If all else looks good it may be time to open the switch up and take a look? I'm always amazed at the handle bar swaps where the throttle tube is riding on pile of rust! Makes ya wonder why they don't stick!