lemonhead4696

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone, I have a 2008 FZ6. I installed MIVV Carbon Slip-ons with de-cat pipe, PCUSBIII, and K&N Air Filter. Originally I wanted to rid my bike of the deceleration "pops" after I put the slip-ons on, so i bought this PC because it had been said that it will basically get rid of them (May be misinformed).
Anyways, after the install of the PC, nothing has changed and the bike seems to be running at higher RPM. Instead of screwing around with the fuel ratio, i decided to post on here :D Does anyone have any ideas as to what I need to do or where I should go from here?
(BTW: The "correct" map is already saved to the PC)

lemonhead4696

Reaction score
Visit site
Never heard of those plates...Its amazing how much stuff you "need" with this PC. haha My pockets are becoming more empty as I type! So this should "fix" my problem? I really dont want to dump more money than the $30+ for these plates right now. Atleast I saved some money doing all this myself though! :thumbup:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd imagine you could block inlet at the airbox if you wanted a test drive just to see if it work. Its the fresh air into the exhaust that makes it go lean (the exhaust) which makes it reburn causing the backfire in the pipes. Not to be confused with the engine going lean.

IIRC it only activates during rapid deceleration when the engine is hot.

Off hand I'd say your tune is a greater part of it than this. Too lean causes this as does leaks in the exhaust.

Last edited:

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It must just be me. I love the sound of the popping and the backfiring in the exhaust under hard de-accel

I cant wait to get my Scorpions!!

I agree. When I roll off, I have just enough poppin to make me smile.

When I first got the scorpions, it was really bad though. After installing the PCV and autotune, I had to block of AIS and it made it perfect in my opinion.

You can do the marble trick, which I did for a while, but then I bought Circuit 1 block offs, removed the AIS, and capped the Airbox inlet.

And OP, yes, it always seems to add up with those "hidden" costs. :)

Scorpio

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk