Withdrawl symptoms

AgentW

Reaction score
Visit site
My wife has been away and I'm alone with my 9 year old son. I've not been on my 2 week old bike for 4 days and I'm starting to twitch. I daren't go out on it while I'm looking after him and his mum's away, just in case something happens!

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
whens the mum come back? maybe just start it up and pretend until then :D the nine year old might think you're crazy but maybe he already does :D

Nooj

Reaction score
Visit site
C'mon, what could possibly happen to a nine year old boy on his own for half an hour or so???

Oh yeah, right. Everything! Has he not got any mates he can spend the day with over at their place?

We have a friend who takes her boy (He's about 10 now I think) out on the back of her Sprint, they go all over the place on it, get him kitted up and on the back.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
I commiserate with you. Tuesday I shipped the Fizzer's seat back to Mayer saddles to get reworked. So I'll be bikeless again for the next couple of weeks.

I've got a bad case of PMS.

(Parked Motorcycle Syndrome)

Fred

AgentW

Reaction score
Visit site
He was at school during the day - so I could have gone out. But because his mum was away, I didn't want to risk it....

... anyway, old news now, the Mrs came back yesterday and went for an hour's zip about today...... ah, the joy.

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
I know the feeling very well !!!

I have an 8 year old, a wife and a c0cker spaniel all competing for my time .... Then there's my true love in the garage ;)

I have to make the most of blasting to work these days :D

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know the feeling very well !!!

I have an 8 year old, a wife and a c0cker spaniel all competing for my time .... Then there's my true love in the garage ;)

I have to make the most of blasting to work these days :D
Jonna, you get new rubber yet?

Nelly

rottenkid

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got a HJC youth helmet today. I took two of my three daughters (ages 12 and 8) out for a ride today, not far, just around the neighborhood. They have been bugging me for the last two weeks. They loved it.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Put a kid on a bike and chances are they'll be hooked. My son was on his dad's bike at age 1. And now he has owned 2 motorcycles of his own (he currently rides an FZ1). Least he has a job to pay for all his gear & mods!

H

HavBlue

He was at school during the day - so I could have gone out. But because his mum was away, I didn't want to risk it....

... anyway, old news now, the Mrs came back yesterday and went for an hour's zip about today...... ah, the joy.

Would you then risk walking across a busy city street full of crazy drivers eating breakfast and using cell phone? What risk, just ride and be smart. The child will come home and never know you weren't there the whole time.

mglowe

Reaction score
mglowe.public.iastate.edu
If you are experienced enough for two up, understand the risks, then it's time to get some youth gear. With my nine year old daughter, though I limit the risk, really enjoys the ride.

If they are taught how to be a proper pillion rider, with children weighing less, you have to constantly check "yourself" they are there. The problem you have to address; the bike wants play, as we all know, and you MUST keep it in check.

With that said... you should both have fun!

H

HavBlue

If you are experienced enough for two up, understand the risks, then it's time to get some youth gear. With my nine year old daughter, though I limit the risk, really enjoys the ride.

If they are taught how to be a proper pillion rider, with children weighing less, you have to constantly check "yourself" they are there. The problem you have to address; the bike wants play, as we all know, and you MUST keep it in check.

With that said... you should both have fun!

Yup, that's the way to go and for me, riding with child means no messing around at all. It's just a nice free ride away from as many threats as possible (read as stay the heck away from traffic and such). Kids learn fast and they do make a full line of youth gear but it's up to the parent to teach that child in a manner that will allow for as much safety as possible. Beyond this, it makes for some great parent child bonding with a common enjoyment....

AgentW

Reaction score
Visit site
HavBlue has a point. Are you concerned that something is going to happen while your child is in school? You do know the "risk" is there if the child is in school or not... right?

Of course - it was the fact that his mum was away that was the problem! His mum was in hospital so was incapacitated.