Just sold my FZ6...

Ransom

Does anyone smell blue?
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I just sold my 08 FZ6. I loved it and always will, but I didn't need to hold on to two motorcycles. Back in Feb I bought a 05 R6 and have been enjoying it ever since. The FZ is going to a good home who is also a military guy so that makes me happy. Always happy to help out a fellow military member. I told him about this forum and how great you all are, so I hope to see him around soon. I plan to stick around just because I love this forum! You'll are the best! I tested out one of the R6 forums and it just wasn't the same.

I will try and edit the post soon and put a picture up of my new ride.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm about to sell my '06 too. I've moved up to a '09 FZ1, and there's no need to keep two bikes that are so similar.

I echo what you said about the forum, though. I don't plan on going anywhere! FZ1-Forum and FZ1OA are great, and I know a lot of people there already, but that's because they used to be members here (or still are). It's funny how many of us move on to other bikes, but never leave this forum. That's such a testament to the quality of the people here. :thumbup:

FloppyRunner

Motorcycle Noooooooooooob
Reaction score
Visit site
Haha. I myself would love an R6, but let's face it, think about the type of people generally associated (rightly or wrongly) with an R6/GSXR600/ZX6R/CBR600 and I could see that not being quite as pleasant of a forum...

Regardless...what's you opinion on the seating position differences? Do you go for hour plus rides on the R6? Just curious.

Ransom

Does anyone smell blue?
Reaction score
Visit site
Haha. I myself would love an R6, but let's face it, think about the type of people generally associated (rightly or wrongly) with an R6/GSXR600/ZX6R/CBR600 and I could see that not being quite as pleasant of a forum...

Regardless...what's you opinion on the seating position differences? Do you go for hour plus rides on the R6? Just curious.

I have gone on a few 4 hour rides on the R6 and while I am on it, it is not a big deal....however, the next day after the first two long rides my right calf and my left knuckles were hurting bad. The more rides I take on it the better it gets, but it is nothing like the FZ6 position. I could go for rides that lasted hours and never even have to stretch while on the FZ6, but now I find myself stretching after hour 2.

To state it plain. I find the position great for rides under 2 hours. After that I am stretching often. It will always be whatever you can find yourself getting use to. IMO

Last edited: