New Rider / Member

FZ-Dave

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

Firstly, very sorry if this is in the wrong place, I couldn't find a new UK members sticky?

Secondly, I'm a new member as of this afternoon so thought I'd say hi to everyone.

I wanted to check if anyone on the forum is local to me in Fleet, Farnborough, Camberley, Reading, Aldershot or Basingstoke area's? Also if anyone new of a training course in the area about basic bike maintenance? I love riding the thing and it's kept me out of the car all winter, I just wish I knew a bit more about how my bike works and how to feed it!

How often do you guys meet up for a ride out?

Dave

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Dave, generally the new members post in the new members forum, I don't think there is one specifically for UK riders. I know Nelly is from Reading and Buggerlugs not too far away.

My parents lived in Petersfield (not a million miles from you) for a few years but that was about 6 years ago now.

Have fun

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome, welcome.

As Cloggy says there are some riders near you.

We have had one meeting so far, not much riding thou. :iconbeer:

W

wrightme43

Welcome Welcome, it seems like there are lots of UK riders on the forum, they seem to get distracted talking about breakfast alot though. LOL

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone,
New member, however not a new Rider. I have had my motorcycle license since I was 16 making it 6 years experience. To introduce my self. I have been around powersports for easily 12-15 years. I am 22 from central New York Recently purchased a 2008 FZ6 Cobalt Blue. I take Delivery on Tuesday May 6th. My dad was a Yamaha Dealer in Sherburne New York and Oneida New York. We were a dealer in Sherburne for 10 years (1997-2007). In Oneida for 5 years (2002-2007). We still have the Sherburne shop it is now J&J Motorsports. I raced MX on a 2000 & 2001 YZ125 in their perspective years. Raced ATV flat track for a year in 2006 on a 2004 YFZ450 Finished 3rd overall for the year. Father had 2 358 dirt modified race cars for a few years. So basically have always been a motor head. Have riden R1's, Vmax's, VStars, other FZ6's, Warrior's, etc. I am currently a Traveling Professional Photographer. I am also a avid car show person. I love the import side as well as the muscle side. Any thing else dont be afraid to ask!:Sport:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome aboard, sounds like you've been around bikes for some time now. well congrats on your new bike when you get it in about a weeks time. enkoy and post lots :thumbup:

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
Hi Dave. I live in Richmond just at the end of the M3 so I'm not too far away. Welcome to the site. There was a ride out for UK forumites on the 13th of April but I'm not sure how many made it in the end. There are a few of us in the SE now so maybe we could arrange something.

swerve9031

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Dave, Welcome to the forum, lots to read and learn on here

I am from further south in Dorset, right by the sea!

Peter

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

Firstly, very sorry if this is in the wrong place, I couldn't find a new UK members sticky?

Secondly, I'm a new member as of this afternoon so thought I'd say hi to everyone.

I wanted to check if anyone on the forum is local to me in Fleet, Farnborough, Camberley, Reading, Aldershot or Basingstoke area's? Also if anyone new of a training course in the area about basic bike maintenance? I love riding the thing and it's kept me out of the car all winter, I just wish I knew a bit more about how my bike works and how to feed it!

How often do you guys meet up for a ride out?

Dave
Hi mate there are three of us who live in Reading/ Newbury. Welcome aboard. Get your diary fixed for October 08.

Nelly