Vs-02 hid

Lagerhead

Reaction score
Visit site
So, i got a vs-02 kit from this forum, second hand, have not installed it yet, but i already know the light output is not what im looking for. I am thinking of putting this HID kit in.

Sportbike Stage III Kit - Complete Retrofit Kits from The Retrofit Source Inc

The Question is, what wire harness option do i check, H4 or H7?
Also, Does this kit have everything i need to get a projector into my vs-02?

Thanks,

Lagerhead

VeeDubbinJetta91

Reaction score
Visit site
Id recommend the H4 harness as thats what the stock bulb is in the VS-02 kit. i would also either buy motogiro's relay kit to allow for both high/low functionality or create your own so that you can have the bi-xenon capability :thumbup:

dev_usc

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
HID conversion will fit the VS02 kit without any problem. There is enough room behind the headlight to mount the Ballast and the relay. If you just replace the bulb with Xenon bulb and ballast it would be the simplest thing to do. BUT I dont recommend it as the quality of light output will be terrible and the light would scatter all over the road and oncoming traffic.

The best thing would be to install a BIXENON Projector. But it will require removing the lens.

I was working on providing a Bixenon Projector Upgrade. See the pics of my prototype. The projector I bought from ebay were very good aesthetically and have Halo Eyes. But the light quality and cut-off is very poor.

I am going to drop the idea of providing projectors as I dont trust any aftermarket projector will be able to provide the quality of light and cutoff as OEM. I dont want to jeopardize the quality of my kit.

I can provide the BALLAST, CUSTOMIZED wiring harness for FZ6, CCFL Driver. BUT NOT THE PROJECTOR.

BALLAST, CUSTOMIZED wiring harness for FZ6, CCFL Driver are $45.

2m5nn2e.jpg

546rf6.jpg

wkjxg5.jpg

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So, i got a vs-02 kit from this forum, second hand, have not installed it yet, but i already know the light output is not what im looking for. I am thinking of putting this HID kit in.

Sportbike Stage III Kit - Complete Retrofit Kits from The Retrofit Source Inc

The Question is, what wire harness option do i check, H4 or H7?
Also, Does this kit have everything i need to get a projector into my vs-02?

Thanks,

Lagerhead

If your installing HID that uses a shutter or solenoid to change to high beam, you shouldn't need my headlamp mod because you don't need to switch filaments. Does the unit you plan on purchasing act in a low beam and high beam capacity or is it just one mod?

A projector is the only way to go. :D

Lagerhead

Reaction score
Visit site
AS far as i can tell, a bi-xenon projector acts as both high and low. This is all new to me, I just ordered the kit, I will post updates and pictures as I progress.

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
Have you got my PM? :)
You should just follow my retrofit thread to get your projector mounted into your VS-2 kit.
By looking at the pictures of Dev_USC, it looks like the VS-2 headlight is a lot less shallow than the OEM FZ6N headlight, so you won't have the vertical aiming "issue" as I had :)
If you ordered the bi-xenon projector kit, I hope you went with the H4 wiring harness? :)
You will use one of your stock headlight connectors and transfer the other pigtail connector to get a "full" H4 connector (e.g. when using OEM high beam connector, you have to get the low beam pigtail connector into the empty spot, or vice versa).

But if you need any help, just let me know ;)

Cliff, could you fish that alternative wiring diagram up? :D
The one where we could take the HID power/switching directly from a ECU controlled dimmer or such thing :D:p

Grtz,

Degake