Remus Exhuast

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just wondering if any members are very familiar with this brand of exhaust. I was approached by a guy here in town who wantsto unload his titanium cans to me for what seems to be a favorable price, considering the new ones go for over $800. He sais it's used, but has less than 1000 miles on the pipes and it's in great condition. The reason why he want to unload them because they are too loud. As far as aftermarket exhaust for the FZ6's, I just keep seeing the Scorps, 2 Brothers, Leo's or the M4's. Your thoughts about the Remus?

Thanks,

MrTurner

Reaction score
Visit site
They are a popular brand in the UK, see them quite a lot on e-bay too. They are a Scandinavian company I think, the guy who services my bike rates them highly for fit and finish. Best price I got for Titanium over here was £470.

idanny

Reaction score
www.minutehound.com
Just wondering if any members are very familiar with this brand of exhaust. I was approached by a guy here in town who wantsto unload his titanium cans to me for what seems to be a favorable price, considering the new ones go for over $800. He sais it's used, but has less than 1000 miles on the pipes and it's in great condition. The reason why he want to unload them because they are too loud. As far as aftermarket exhaust for the FZ6's, I just keep seeing the Scorps, 2 Brothers, Leo's or the M4's. Your thoughts about the Remus?

Thanks,
how much does he want for them?

ADK2OBX

Reaction score
Visit site
Dunno might be wrong but from looking at the dyno specs it seems like I remember that the M4s put out better hp gains than the remus..Just a thought.. if you gonna pay that much might as well to get something that is going to up the ponies as much as possible..just a thought..they are great looking pipes though.! But if the price is right Id grab em...

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, the remus site, found at this link: Remus Exhaust Systems - Remus Exhaust Shop has a superb customer service section...just type a question to the shop on the main page and you get an instant answer!!! :)

Score!

ok so for the FZ6 S2 2007 & up they offer the Revolution GP, which features a removable baffle, in Alu, CF and Titanium

The conenctor tube comes without the catalyser and they also offer a black powder coated version

Alu :`849.99 shipped CF, Titanium, Black : 949.99 shipped (all prices in US dollars)

some information regarding weight :

The weight is ca. 14 lbs. in Aluminum and
11 lbs.Titanium or Carbon for the set of two silencers and connectors with hardware.

this price includes everything, shipping, connector tubes, 2 cans, hardware

Just so you guys know, They do NOT ship overseas from the USA so for us who are in Europe and the rest of the world we would need to send it to one of the US guys on the site and have it shipped over to us that way.

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, don't know why this guy choose Remus, but the thought of having an exhaust that everybody doesn't have intriques me. It would make my bike more unique than the rest. However, the thought of buying something that I've never heard or seen what it looks like on the bike has its downfall. Especailly if the original owner want to unload it because it's too loud. But it appears the pipes go for almost $900, and if it's a great deal, I might have to take it, even though I had set my sights on the M4's because I like the way they look. I'll find out Saturday.

Thanks everyone for your inputs.

SHinNH

Reaction score
Visit site
even though I had set my sights on the M4's because I like the way they look.

Thanks everyone for your inputs.

My 2 cents.. If you have had your eyes set on the M4 cause you like the looks.. you may be disappointed with your purchase if its not really what you want..

Scott

jason_fz6

Reaction score
Visit site
i have a set of remus titaniums, revolution GP. but over here in Singapore, the baffles are welded and held together by a tiny nut so they cant be removed, thats to make them street legal.

anyway, they are not loud, definitely doesnt sound like a 750 or a 1000. the bike revs more freely and fuel consumption is better. they look great too. over here we also have akra, laser, micron, and yoshimura for the fz6.

MrTurner

Reaction score
Visit site
I wasn't aware that there were more than one set of pipes for the FZ6.

Virtualy all cans we get over here are 'road' or 'race'. Road cans usually come with removable baffles, and are e-marked. My post might be misleading if you don't get Race in the US, but at the same time, I guess they could be imported?

finboz

stealth browser
Reaction score
Visit site
quite a few examples on youtube :Sport:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOXBAV-EoLU"]YouTube - fz6 with remus!![/ame]

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I was on my way to check out the Remus exhuast today that this FZ6 owner wanted to sell me, but I stopped at the BMW dealership, which was having their bi-annual open house. Low and behold, there was a Remus vendor on site displaying their pipes, he came over from Austria. I was able to drill him with a bunch of questions. Why Remus vs other exhaust? Why titanium vs carbon, baffles or no baffles, etc. In a nutshell, Remus is considered top-of-the line quality. They cannot and will not compete with the other exhaust that sell for $600 -$800. He sais many of their exhaust come OEM on Mercedes and BMW's, including the bikes. So okay, the quality of the pipes are great. Why titanium vs carbon? He sais that the resin on the carbon pipes will eventually fade. They will turn into a yellowish color as the resin starts to breakdown. As far as the resin, there are bad quality and good quality, so it depends on the maker depending what quality of resin they use to make the pipes. Remus claims they use the best resin available, but will even admit they will turn color over time if subject to a lot of direct sunlight. In short, the carbon pipes should not be subject to too much sunlight, which accelerates the resin breaking down. So if you ride to work and park in the sunlight, carbon pipes are not a good idea. So being sunny Las Vegas, titanium is the logical choice. There were some pipes with baffles and some without. It depended on which ones you buy, and some pipes were able to be fitted with baffles, and some were not made to accomodate them. Okay, off to see the pipes this guy was selling. It turns out he's a motorcycle guru. He has 28 different bikes. They were all over the place. Garage, backyard, but mostly inside. It appeared he just had this house to store and work on the bikes. He had just about every kind of exhaust, so I respected his opinion why he thinks Remus was the best. And it came down to quality. Knowing how much a brand new set would cost me, well over $900, a set of Remus pipes with less than 1000 miles on them were almost like new. After all, I know they fit because they were on another FZ6 at one point. They were in great condition. He wanted $400 for them, and I said sold.

ADK2OBX

Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet good deal on how it all worked out for you..! Curious to find out what you think when you get some miles with them.. are you running stock pipes now? Im doing my homework before I pick out a set.. gonna wait till the warranty is up though...

Nooj

Reaction score
Visit site
Debz (the Missus) has Remus revolutions on her bike. I think they were one of the first ones to be made for the FZ6 as she got them cheap due to a small scratch from when they were being borrowed for a magazine review, I think they were about £350 from our NEC show three years ago.

The pipes are made from good quality, thick stainless steel and the whole system is quite heavy (nearly as heavy as the stock item!), she has the stainless cans and they do scrub up ok even though they've done about 80,000 miles combined on two bikes (Her first Fazer was written of after a year, and they survived the crash perfectly).

When we initially fitted them we had a real hassle getting the 'removable' baffles out. I managed to get one out, but it was completely butchered and unusable afterwards. Our local Yam dealer took the other one out which also ended up FUBAR. They rang Remus and told them the trouble we'd had removing them and that they were now unusable, so Remus sent us a brand new pair of baffles from Germany within a few days.

I got the Dremel out and cut the new baffles down around their edges and removed about half of their length to make life easier getting them in and out in the future and they now work really well.

As for sound, without the baffles in the bike screams like a banshee, almost like a MotoGP bike, and has loads of pops and crackles on the over run going into corners, sounds awesome, enough to make the hair on the back of your neck stand up and feck me is it LOUD! With the baffles in it's still not quiet by a long way, but it won't make your ears bleed. As an example, the exit pipes on the Akrapovic system with the baffles removed have the same diameter holes as the Remus system with the baffles in, getting the hot gasses out of the Remus cans is NOT an issue! Even after a long, hard ride the cans are only warm to the touch and have never melted any luggage straps.

Power is good as well, with the Revolutions and no baffles, a BNC filter, cat eliminator pipe (it came with the system) and a PCIII with a custom map the bike was putting out 99.8bhp at the rear wheel (not bad for a budget commuter and first bike!) and had loads more shove in the midrange than a stock bike.

Debz is now running it with the baffles back in as she felt it was just too loud for commuting (boring!). She unplugged the PCIII after the last TPS failed and hasn't bothered to plug it back in. After replacing the TPS the mechanics at our dealer did a really good job of setting the bike up with the stock ECU and diagnostics stuff (we did have to hassle and nag them into doing it), it's just as smooth now as it was with the custom map and power doesn't seem to have dropped off any noticable amount either. So it IS possible to get these bikes set up really well without a PCIII, you just have to make sure it gets done peoperly.

If you want a top quality, loud system and are happy to leave the baffles either in or out for long periods of time, then I'd say get one. If you want something at a sensible volume and have to keep swapping baffles in and out, get something else.