Brake light/turn signal not working properly

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
Left turn signal issue - YouTube

What would make just one side of my brake light/turn signal apparatus not function properly?

Your regular left signal works so it has to be the connection to the taillight. I'm pretty sure two yellow wires connect the taillight integrated signals to your stock signal wire. One of those yellow wires (the left signal in this case) must have lost connection somehow.

It could have lost connection from the back of the LED circuit board, or lost connection at the point where you spliced into the stock signal wire.

I'm not exactly sure how yours is set up but I would check those two connection points. Leave your left signal on and play with the spliced area and watch the taillight. See if you can make it come on for a split second. You'll know if it's broken there.

If not you might have to remove the taillight to check the back of the circuit board. You might be able to peek inside the taillight by just removing the seat but it might be difficult to see anything that way.

I might be wrong but I hope this helps.

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like the connection to the left signal is faulty from the integrated tail light or the integrated tail light is faulty internally. The integrated tail light uses transistor logic and a semiconductor may have failed. Check that your wiring is correct first.