The bad news=(

Yatz86

Chick Magnet
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, this sucks. While going straight on a 90km highway, a taxi swerve into my lane from lane 1 to lane 2.

As traffic was heavier than usual, I countersteer my bike to my right and fall hard on my right and skid almost 20m! I tried to kick my bike away but my feet got caught under and I was pulled along. Along the way, I may have scratch against two other vehicles, a volkswagen and a bmw cager.

I thought my leg was a goner, some riders passing by helped me up on my bike. I wasnt thinking straight as I was trying to lift up my bike while lying down...To my surprise, nothing was broken! There was no open wound. My damage is just a small scratch on 1 finger and two blue black spots on my arm and calf. Went to the doctor and he confirmed I didnt broke anything and gave me 1 week medical leave to rest.

Thank god I was wearing full gear too. And amazingly, my gear has no scratches too. Well, here are some pictures of the damage.

6907252166_42031613c8.jpg

6907237840_89ae5e16ea.jpg

6907233236_059586b413.jpg

6907241976_33ac03e481.jpg

7053318285_4b414d892b.jpg

7053335131_a24abe56a7.jpg

I dont think I wanna repair up my bike as the damage looks worst than it looks close up. So....

I got a good talk wih my fiancee and i got the clearance to get a new ride, FZ1S in three weeks time..Here I go again!

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I see you are fixing the links but I did go to Flickr and see them. Very sorry that happened to you but glad you're OK!!! :thumbup" on ATGATT!

Tough way to welcome you to the sister site and the liter club! See you over there!?!?

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:eek: Glad you're okay! Also glad the fiancee is letting you continue to ride. Did the taxi stop?

Yatz86

Chick Magnet
Reaction score
Visit site
I see you are fixing the links but I did go to Flickr and see them. Very sorry that happened to you but glad you're OK!!! :thumbup" on ATGATT!

Tough way to welcome you to the sister site and the liter club! See you over there!?!?

hehe, I just signed up:)

Yatz86

Chick Magnet
Reaction score
Visit site
:eek: Glad you're okay! Also glad the fiancee is letting you continue to ride. Did the taxi stop?

yea the taxi driver stopped and we exchanged particulars.

I engaged a lawyer to proceed with a 3rd party claim against his insurance company. When my lawyer got back to me, I was informed that in the taxi driver's statement, he stated that it was I who had lost control of my fz6.

Some ppl has just no sense of conscience and guilt...

acniss

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry that happend to you. Glad your ok. Good luck with the whole insurance thing with a guy who only looks out for himself. Have fun on the new bike

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you were able to get witness statements, it doesn't matter what the taxi driver claims.

Hopefully some witnesses will tell what they saw.

Cheers,
Rick

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, this sucks. While going straight on a 90km highway, a taxi swerve into my lane from lane 1 to lane 2.

As traffic was heavier than usual, I countersteer my bike to my right and fall hard on my right and skid almost 20m! I tried to kick my bike away but my feet got caught under and I was pulled along. Along the way, I may have scratch against two other vehicles, a volkswagen and a bmw cager.

I thought my leg was a goner, some riders passing by helped me up on my bike. I wasnt thinking straight as I was trying to lift up my bike while lying down...To my surprise, nothing was broken! There was no open wound. My damage is just a small scratch on 1 finger and two blue black spots on my arm and calf. Went to the doctor and he confirmed I didnt broke anything and gave me 1 week medical leave to rest.

Thank god I was wearing full gear too. And amazingly, my gear has no scratches too. Well, here are some pictures of the damage.

6907252166_42031613c8.jpg

6907237840_89ae5e16ea.jpg

6907233236_059586b413.jpg

6907241976_33ac03e481.jpg

7053318285_4b414d892b.jpg

7053335131_a24abe56a7.jpg

I dont think I wanna repair up my bike as the damage looks worst than it looks close up. So....

I got a good talk wih my fiancee and i got the clearance to get a new ride, FZ1S in three weeks time..Here I go again!
Also happy that you are ok. I think your cases must have saved your leg from being injured badly. Good luck with the new bike.

Nelly

Yatz86

Chick Magnet
Reaction score
Visit site
wow!
glad you're ok.
what gear were you wearing?
you bike doesnt look that bad.

yea, the power of photoshop!

these are the damages:

My box "ejected' out from the rack and now the locking mechanism is spoiled handlebar, twisted
broken upper fairings
Broken oem fairings. in several pieces
Alignment is definately out too
Puig racing bubble is broken in half
Riding peg on the right side broke off and the left gear side is bend out of shape.
and the rims cannot be pressed back to shape.

The thing that sets me back is the rims. Its damn expensive to get a replacement ones here.

the box really help me a lot as it gave me extra clearance off the ground...Since I cant kick myself away from the bike, i literally hung onto the tank for my dear life...

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Taxis, I had my share with them back in Vegas. Did you have a chance to use your horn? I actually ride with my horn covered in many situations just for that reason. Not saying that it would have prevented from what happened, but at least I want to give a chance for that driver to hear me before he is 100% committed in making that bad lane change. Also gives the chance to get the other drivers attention, just enough to witness what has happened.

I agree with Nelly, I believe your cases prevented more serious injuries, but having all your gear on for extra measures also certainly paid off.

I'm embarrased to day that I think I sustained more injuries from a simple oil change this morning than what you have sustained from your crash. My bike fell ontop of me while I was wrenching the drain bolt and the side stand wasn't all the way down and the bike fell over, twisted my back, scraped my wrist. Hall of shame.

Yatz86

Chick Magnet
Reaction score
Visit site
Taxis, I had my share with them back in Vegas. Did you have a chance to use your horn? I actually ride with my horn covered in many situations just for that reason. Not saying that it would have prevented from what happened, but at least I want to give a chance for that driver to hear me before he is 100% committed in making that bad lane change. Also gives the chance to get the other drivers attention, just enough to witness what has happened.

I agree with Nelly, I believe your cases prevented more serious injuries, but having all your gear on for extra measures also certainly paid off.

I'm embarrased to day that I think I sustained more injuries from a simple oil change this morning than what you have sustained from your crash. My bike fell ontop of me while I was wrenching the drain bolt and the side stand wasn't all the way down and the bike fell over, twisted my back, scraped my wrist. Hall of shame.

I didnt had the chance to use the horn. It happen in super split sec.

Dont feel embarrased about your crash. I too had my fair share of "stupid" fall. I remembered I fell from my FZ6 while I was straddling two weeks after I bought it. Apperantly, the grass was wet and my shoes didnt had enough friction.

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yatz86 - glad you're ok. Sounds like it could have been a lot worse. Have you thought about selling some of your mods off? I know here in Canada some wrecking/insurance yards will allow you time to put your stock equipment back on prior to a write-off (I'm pretty sure that's a Leo Vince exhaust under your Givi racks, isn't it?)

Vegas - see what happens when you try to treat you bike nicely? You get squished as payback! Glad you're ok too, sorry to hear about the tip over.

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm glad to hear you're not badly hurt. And I can't believe what that taxi driver is trying to pull. Clearly he does not know about the difference between right and wrong, or have any sense of responsibility. I've said it before:

As far as I can tell, all taxi drivers in the Northern hemisphere are sociopaths. It seems to be the only requirement.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/showpost.php?p=488299

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

+1, always ready to blow the horn when traffic is tight an hairy!!

Glad you're ok and very minor damage all around.

That taxi driver is a slime sucker (big surprise right?) for not just admitting to his fault, I'd make sure you get proper reparations. Insurance companies are already the scum of the earth but people who wrongly get them out of actually spending the money they extort from us every month/year are that much lower.