replacing headlight bulbs

Caesar

Reaction score
Visit site
My high beam bulb blew out so I decided to replace them both. I went to the local parts store and picked up a h7 and an h4 bulb. the h4 goes in without any trouble. the h7 bulb looks smaller. so I look closer at the original and it seems to have an adapter on it. Am I suppose to remove this adapter from the original bulb and reuse it or do i have to find a new adapter?

YZF73

Reaction score
Visit site
Would be useful if you could post up a pic of both the bulbs together... a picture speaks a thousand words :thumbup:

Yamahaboyz

UHcougarJohn

Reaction score
Visit site
There is an adapter than is plugged into the end of the old bulb. Should be able to just pull it off and put it on the new one:D

It threw me for a loop to when I changed mine:beer:

Sent from my Droid via Tapatalk.

Caesar

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks I tried pulling by hand and it didnt budge so I wanted to ask before using a screw driver to wedge it open... I got it off now

foracco

Safe Rider - mostly ;-)
Reaction score
Visit site
Changing the headlight bulbs on the FZ6 is a breeze. The bulbs are very easy to get to and there is enough room to replace them too (I have bigger hands).

Thanks to this post, i remembered that the adapter was on the previous H7.

Ordered the Sylvania Nighthawk Platinum pairs of H4 and H7 online and the bulbs are noticeably brighter than the Phillips I had on earlier. I even compared them both on as I replaced the H7 and tested with the old H4 also on. The difference was so much that I just went ahead and replaced the H4 (high beam) too.

Will update when there is a change, for example if the new bulbs fail or something, for now I am enjoying the greater visibility. :BLAA: