In the mood for a new exhaust!!!

toasterboy85

Reaction score
Visit site
Long story short, I passes a national certification and decided to reward myself (and have permission of the wife/boss). I have watched several (probably hours) videos on you tube and want to get the opinion of the people.
I am not necessarily looking for "performance gain." Overall all it seems that adding an aftermarket exhaust adds 5-15 hp. What I am looking for is sound... I want a deep, throaty, and NOT HIGH PITCHED! This is not a track bike and high revs are few and far between.
Although I like the sound of the two brothers, the wife has shared concern about the "loudness" of it, I have not ruled this out. Please fz6 forum, share your thoughts, pictures, and personal videos (just don't hold the camera 2 inches from exhaust... we all know it just makes you look stupid; and in HD PLEASE):rockon:

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
2 bro's look nice but are really pricey (at least in my opinion).

I got a used pair of scorpion cans on craigslist for 400$.....best mod I ever did. I love the sound, especially the idle and when you blip the throttle, nice low throaty rumble. 600's always have that high pitched whine so your sort of beat there. I rummaged up my old video of before and after the can swap.

http://youtu.be/B4kuZK_BeqU

acniss

Reaction score
Visit site
I just put on a brand new scorpion on my 09 and love the sound. I have the baffles out so it is a little loud. But with them in it still sounded good

Jayson

Reaction score
Visit site
Love my Two Bros, add the db killers and the sound is deep at idle and part throttle but not obnoxious at high rpm

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
I's Leo Vince for me. They too have DB killers included. They'll give you nice sound without going over the top in decibels

why_not_Zoidberg?

Reaction score
Visit site
My bike came with Scorpions on it. Do you have to do any engine remapping with a new exhaust? My bike kind of burbles at lower rpms, not really backfiring but some sort of similar, quieter sound. Is that just normal for an engine that likes to be above 6 or 7k rpm?

Iron Cross

Reaction score
Visit site
If you want that deep throaty sound...M4's are it. Friends got Leo Vince slip ons and they're def higher and louder. Can't speak for much else though...but love my M4 s...very low deep sound.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Another vote for Leos here. Much lower note compared to stock and not too loud with DB killers in. Wish my FZ1 sounded as good.. FZ6 with Leos sounded way better.
Here's my comparison vid:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mhi-hbMvFI]Yamaha FZ6 Stock Exhaust vs Leo Vince Carbon Oval Exhaust Sound - YouTube[/ame]

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I went with a bunch of stainless steel and a picture of a set of twin 50's in my head... MUAHAHAHAHAH

MitchellsFZ6

Truly obsessed with bikes
Reaction score
Visit site
Heyhey

I have to say, I dont agree with anyone on here, haha.
My favourite exhaust on a fizzer has to be the SP Engineering Range.. I love them to pieces, I bought my Carbon Fibre set on eBay in the UK for £350 including Postage.

They're throaty, they look the muts nuts and I think they're what you're looking for.. When you're up in the sort of 10K Rev Range it sounds very similar to a Moto2 bike.. This isnt me saying this, its my mates! Lol. When you're just pootering around town, you will turn heads without the baffles in (which are included), I adore these pipes.

Here's my video of them, (sorry the qualities not the best, the video really doesnt do these pipes justice -,-)
Skip it to 1.30 if you wanna hear it.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNc_M5EQpro]2008 Yamaha FZ6 S2 - SP Engineering Exhaust - YouTube[/ame]

MitchellsFZ6

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
Another vote for Leo Vince!! They came with the bike when I bought it, so not sure what stock even sounded like, but they sound great!!

Rommel043

Reaction score
Visit site
Just for any of you guys out there. Jazzmotorsports.com is located in ohio and i bought brand new leovince lv1 evoII slip on exhaust for $497.00!!! im located in ohio so i did get taxed. The original price is 466.78!!! its a steal for anyone looking for the cheapest leo vinces around. Call them and give them a try!