Need Help please signals dont work ?:

esabado

Reaction score
Visit site
I Need help )): after installing the Vs01 kit my signals worked for about a week or two then one morning all the signals stopped working. I was checking the signals before riding and they flashed properly but as soon as i moved the switched to turn them off, the signals stopped working and the fuse for the running light popped. after replacing the fuse, for the running light the signals will work but as soon as they are turned off, the signals will stop and the fuse will pop again. i checked the flasher relay and its good, any other suggestions or ideas of what might be wrong /; or why everyhting would work properly at first then stop and cause even more probelms lol ?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like you have something looping to ground when the flasher is going open.
I would suggest going back into the wiring and look for one wire shorting to ground.

What did you do with your running light wire wires in the front? Do not keep replacing the fuse until you've found the problem. If you do it quickly it's okay to try a fuse but only long enough to see which side is lighting dimly. That's the side you have a short in. The fuse may not blow right away because the flasher is just seeing the short as part of the load. If you do this test for a long period of time the flasher will push current through the shorted wire and use it as a filament in a bulb and the wire will heat up and cause more damage.
Is it doing it on one side and not the other? :D

esabado

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey thanks so much for the response, but yeah i figured it was a wiring problem, i havent been able to take another look at it ive been so busy, but i plan to re-check all the wiring again and making sure everything is connected where it should be, but as for the running wires in the front, one of them was used for the running light that is at the bottom of the Vs01 headlight and as for the other i cut, taped it and snugged it in with all the other wires, do you think that has anything to do with the short?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey thanks so much for the response, but yeah i figured it was a wiring problem, i havent been able to take another look at it ive been so busy, but i plan to re-check all the wiring again and making sure everything is connected where it should be, but as for the running wires in the front, one of them was used for the running light that is at the bottom of the Vs01 headlight and as for the other i cut, taped it and snugged it in with all the other wires, do you think that has anything to do with the short?

I wouldn't be able to think anything without looking at it and testing it. I think your best course is to carefully go through and recheck your wiring :D.