12v led as plate light?

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
You're fine.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Silver-License-Plate-Lights-Bolts/dp/B004V4ENGI]Amazon.com: Silver LED License Plate Lights Bolts: Automotive[/ame]

I bought these and used them instead of the little white plastic screws that hold the plate on - just replaced them with this and wired the running light to them instead - works flawless and looks pretty badass and clean. Nothing special, same deal for yours. If they're rated for 12v and you're just replacing the current lights - you'll be fine.

D

Dave.TX

Power, ground and a mounting point. Good to go, my friend. I use the LED bar that I picked up at VatoZone.

fb40dash5

Reaction score
Visit site
You're fine.

Amazon.com: Silver LED License Plate Lights Bolts: Automotive

I bought these and used them instead of the little white plastic screws that hold the plate on - just replaced them with this and wired the running light to them instead - works flawless and looks pretty badass and clean. Nothing special, same deal for yours. If they're rated for 12v and you're just replacing the current lights - you'll be fine.

The downside of these is they're a pain to wire, since the wires are about 30ga, and if you ever have to take off your plate for some reason, you have to unhook them and then reconnect them... and I can't think of any disconnects that'd fit through the bolt homes, except maybe bullet connectors.

I use them on my truck, I ended up drilling holes for them on either side of the plate so I didn't have to worry about all that.