Leo Vince Exhaust Review and Video (Install Help Linked)

Qwibby

Scarlet
Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't take any pics during install, there was an amazing install thread here posted by someone else.

Link:

Leo Vince Install Step By Step

I used this link above, however it gets kind of vague towards the end of the install before reassembly.

First thoughts: Quality was amazing, well packaged and every bag was labeled. I was disappointed at the install instructions, they were more like a book of toilet paper, it basically said disassemble your bike fit hardware and check after a few hundred miles, no, seriously thats it.

Install is pretty straight forward, dis-assembly was easy, everything went together nicely. However I came to a shocking discovery that either I was not shipped all of the hardware or you really have to patch together the cans/rear fender hanger/ and support beams with the factory hardware and leo hardware. I got it all together and everything is tight and looks great!

Pros: Pretty easy to figure out installation if you follow the above link and have mechanical know how. Sounds amazing, lots of looks and thumbs up.

Cons: Install instructions, lack of hardware. (IMHO any company should give you extra hardware, just in case, it wont break their bank)

Pic:

20120311_145834.jpg

Videos:

Mine:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vxGkxida9c&list=UUh-4GTB_urCHQ9Pr7PzisZg&index=1&feature=plcp]Leo Vince FZ6 - YouTube[/ame]

And the one that sold me on the Leos

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofdfkmaGJdI]Fz6 acceleration - YouTube[/ame]

Any questions or comments please feel free to post!

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
they were a right PITA to fit with my givi rack, lining up the 3 bits of can took quite a while and a lot of hair pulling :S

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got the exact same cans and I absolutely LOVE them :D
Are you running with or without the dB-killers installed?
If you're running without them, your bike will be loping at idle...
Do a TB sync and it will definately make a big change :) As well as changing the map in your PowerCommander (or, installing one :D)

Grtz,

Degake

Qwibby

Scarlet
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got the exact same cans and I absolutely LOVE them :D
Are you running with or without the dB-killers installed?
If you're running without them, your bike will be loping at idle...
Do a TB sync and it will definately make a big change :) As well as changing the map in your PowerCommander (or, installing one :D)

Grtz,

Degake

Without DB Killers, it lopes and it doesn't bother me too much. I'd like to do a TB sync but I'd need to look it up. I am going to purchase a PC asap lol.

they were a right PITA to fit with my givi rack, lining up the 3 bits of can took quite a while and a lot of hair pulling :S

I literally didn't tighten a single bolt till the end, I had a friend wiggle them around, and fanagle them for a while, and when we get the right look he held em ad I tightened everything down.

Raptorman53

Reaction score
Visit site
I run without the DB killers also. I just bought a used Two Bro's juice box and it helped a ton. I still need to do a TB sync though. I'm should it would be even more smooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looking good and thanks for the videos! I have Leos but with the db killers. Without is a little too loud for my taste and I think the local police would not be very fond of the racket coming from my bike.

Drones on a bit too much for my 40 mile commute.

mnuttall87

Reaction score
Visit site
I did the same thing, got a good deal on a used Juice Box from a member off of here. Worked wonders for the loping at idle problem, mine purrs at an even 1450ish now.

red06

Reaction score
Visit site
do make a video that shows a fly by at 12500 rpm :thumbup: and you will have the coolest vid on you tube

ba4x

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow that drive by video is sick! It sounds amazing. Sold me, too.

I ordered mine sunday night! LeoVince is being slow, they haven't even shipped out yet.

Can't wait for the cans to arrive, looking forward to the install. :rockon: