Anyone have the Axio R-Series tank bag?

edgeofnj

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm looking into getting some small luggage to carry a few items around when I ride. The Axio offerings look pretty sleek and there seems to be a bunch of their R-Series tank and tail bags reasonably priced on EBay. (If you click on the listings, you will see in the description that they are from the R-Series line.)

I know some members have their tail bag and someone even used the tank bag as a tail bag. My questions are:
  1. Has anyone compared the R-Series bags to the standard (non-R-Series) bags and if so, what are the major differences? From pictures, it looks like there are a few differences in shape but I couldn't tell if the size was significantly different.
  2. Does anyone have the R-Series tank bag and if so, how well does it fit on the actual tank? It seems like the R6 and R1 have a bigger/flatter surface area on the top of the tank and I am concerned the bag may overhang the back of the tank or interfere with steering.

Thanks!

suter

Reaction score
Visit site
I have both, tail and tank, bags.

I bought both of them last year to have a complete set (probably the same seller), but I'm actually (so far) using almost only the tail one. It's big enough to hold my wallet, keys and few more little things. The bigger one will hold a lot more, but I don't carry that many things with me when I ride.

As for the tank bag it could fit better but when mounted it stays secure. For sure it was not designed specifically for our bikes. It's also pretty big (wide) so if you're not used to ride with tank bags it might feel strange.

My only complain (because of not proper size for FZ6) is that when you're in full steering turn you're hitting the bag with your hand and/or handles. As if I turn left from the stop I always hit the honk button.

Other than that, I love the hard shell and the matching color. This was the main reason I got them over other tang bags. The interior is also nice. They are of good quality. Never tested them in rain, yet.

The mounting straps of the tail bag are not ment for FZ6, so I had to wrap them under the seat which is not most convenient if I'd like to take the bag with me (which I don't do).

As for you questions:

They don't overhang from the tank, but they do interfere with steering a little.

Last edited:

edgeofnj

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks, suter. do you happen to have any decent pics of the tank bag on your bike and a full turn showing the interference?

edgeofnj

Reaction score
Visit site
Actually with the bag on the tank you can not do the full turn.

thanks, suter. it does look like it would be of some hindrance and i would probably end up not using it. that was helpful. thanks again!

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
tons of pics of my bike on here with the set, i leave mine on the bike all the time, waterproof too.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
it is a big tank bag but that is what i wanted, i like how it looks and you can pull it off and pull out the strap then it is a backpack.

I painted mine to match. good quality and the sun will not fade it like a nylon bag.

i sewed velcro to the 3 little magnetic tabs on the end (facing the seat) so it will hold better when it is full, it works perfect for me now.

park100110.jpg

park100116.jpg

park100122.jpg

i also like the little strap that comes with it and hooks to your bars, then when you need to get gas you just pull it off the tank and hang it off the side of the bike while you fill up, that alone made it worth the buy for me.