FZ-6 SMOKE SEQUENTIAL INTEGRATED SIGNAL LED Tail Light

s6xtyn9ne1974

Reaction score
Visit site
Im new here so I may be posting in the wrong area. Sorry if I am. I have bought Led tail light. It has the turn signal built in to it. there was no cutting of the wires. easy to install. After I got it all back together. I turned the key on and noticed the head light was not on. I tried starting but it just keeps turning over. this is a 05 FZ6. You can hear the fuel pump enguage when you turn key on. there is an error that reads er_1. Im assuming my problem is the wiring since I just change the tail light only. Before changing the tail light everything worked and ran fine. I checked fuses next to the seat for the head lights and checked fuses on the battery. all of them good. I even plugged old turn signals and tail light back in. still having same problem. no head light and turns over but will not start cause of the er_1 error. My question is has anyone had this problem before or heard of anyone that has had this problem? If so how can I fix it? changing tail light was simple task with everything fitting just perfect. not sure how this happened. It just dont make any since. If someone could help then that would be awesome. Thank you...

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to our great forum!

The headlight will not come on unless the engine has started. When you turn the key on do you have a tail light, front running lights and operational directionals? When you say the engine turns over your are saying the starter cranks the engine over at a quick pace?

Check all your connections. When you turn the key on you should have running/tail lights and turn signals that work. Are they working?

I don't mean to be mean but is there actually fuel in the tank? Old fuel? I believe the er1 occurs as a loss if fuel injection. It pops up very often with with run down battery especially at low voltage. Check that your cranking voltage is decent. 12 plus volts. A starter can crank at lower voltages as long as the good current is supplied to it. Check battery voltage. You may end up running down the battery and need to jump it. Don't jump it from a car while the car's engine is running, only while engine is stopped or you could toast your regulator rectifier.

Last edited:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on everything the motomaster said!!! Including the welcome!!!

It's probably just a coincidence that the bike won't start after installing the taillight, but did the bike run before the install? Or is this the first time trying to start it up this season? Also when you say it's turning over, how fast is it turning over? Does it sound slower than normal? Do you have access to a volt meter to see how many volts your battery has, or even better a load tester. And finally have you tried to push start the bike?

s6xtyn9ne1974

Reaction score
Visit site
I went back to the bike. yes your right the headlight dont come on until bike is running. I knew that and felt like an idiot after reading. I did find out the problem and bike is back to running great. guess when I got the bike out of storage the battery had enough charge to start it to get it home but not enough to start it the next time after messing with the lights. I got a new battery and its back to normal. Thanks to everyone for helping me. it did help out. problem solved.... YES... lol

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Good to see a closing statement of "problem solved" hopefully your riding reason is trouble free from here on. . .

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Check out motodynamic they have a good tailight that's plug and play

I think I'm going to get this mod.:cheer: It looks like it could help save my life.:thumbup:

2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 Yamaha FZ6 Sequential LED Tail Light

i have it its very nice i have pics if you want i bought the smoked its dot approved so its not BLACK its smoked, the flashing feature is very nice and its also BRight an nice combo is with the2wheels led tail lights that also flash red when you brake but that company has ****ty service and is from china i have pics if you need

Last edited:

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
Smoke or clear?:confused:

I thunk clear is a little more safe.:confused: I need to do my order this week.:rockon:

I have the smoke tail light and the LED's are plenty bright and not unsafe by any means. Plus I think it just looks better.

Heres a video I did of my exhaust, but it shows how the smoke tail light looks in the middle of the day. Much brighter than stock.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5ImX0n6pcw"]FZ6 Custom Exhaust - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Sco

Reaction score
Visit site
I do love that MD tail light, my question is: I just bought a the Targa FE kit,
can I use both?? Without cutting any wires?? I wanted to add that next

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
I just installed a Motodynamic Clear taillight today on my Fz1. I went with the clear because I'm blacking out my bike piece by piece, and the only shiny parts will be the headlight, the taillight and the triple trees.

View attachment 46638View attachment 46639

I just checked in full dark and I would say the light is about as bright (maybe not) but the brake light is brighter for sure, and I like the 3 strobe burst.

I need to get a resistor to slow down the flashers, right now with all the LED's I have on the bike the full sequential portion of the LED taillight doesn't illuminate.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
I do love that MD tail light, my question is: I just bought a the Targa FE kit,
can I use both?? Without cutting any wires?? I wanted to add that next

I cut up all my wires to salvage the ends for maintaining semi-stock connections. My factory signals were scratched up anyway from a crash, so I figured wth, why not?

If you have the time and patience you could order all the connectors you need from Eastern Beaver Motorsports and then put them on the new gear your installing. I also orders a 2 way splitter from Motodynamics that made it easy to run the integrated turn signals and the seperate LED turn signals on the FE.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
When at 3 car links, can you see the lights clearly, or is it just a blob of lights to the chick on the cell phone?:confused:

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
In my opinion it's brighter than the standard light and the 3 flashes it gives when you apply the brakes make it even more visible.

As I said before I used these signals IN ADDITION to the stock ones. I don't believe in relying just on integrated turn signals as they are too close to the center line of the vehicle. Having said that I will say that the fact that the turn signals are sequential does make them stand out.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
When at 3 car links, can you see the lights clearly, or is it just a blob of lights to the chick on the cell phone?:confused:

The chick on the cell phone didn't even see the blob of light.

The 3 flash burst I think helps because as humans we are so conditioned to look up at flashing lights. I paced off close to 300 feet to just check the taillight brightness and you can see it (the Fz1 is a little bigger light section than the Fz6 though).

If I get tailgaters and possible retards I even throw on the signal and then hand signal. Nothing like 3 foot of arm standing out to the side.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
The chick on the cell phone didn't even see the blob of light.

The 3 flash burst I think helps because as humans we are so conditioned to look up at flashing lights. I paced off close to 300 feet to just check the taillight brightness and you can see it (the Fz1 is a little bigger light section than the Fz6 though).

If I get tailgaters and possible retards I even throw on the signal and then hand signal. Nothing like 3 foot of arm standing out to the side.

Ok, I just did an order for the clear.:cheer:

Thanks for checking the brightness for me.:thumbup:

This post has a great video at night.
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-...led-tail-light-install-w-oem-turn-signal.html