Need Book Suggestions

TeacherJoe

Reaction score
Visit site
Today my wife and I looked over US travel books, trying to find something to help us dream up bike tours. Beginning next summer, we hope to start some lengthy road trips.

The problem is that we didn't see any books that emphasized camping. There are the standard RV guides, but that is not what we want. We want, obviously, wonderful back road journeys, but we really want quality out of the way campgrounds.

Any suggestions?

Joe

William

Reaction score
Visit site
Today my wife and I looked over US travel books, trying to find something to help us dream up bike tours. Beginning next summer, we hope to start some lengthy road trips.

The problem is that we didn't see any books that emphasized camping. There are the standard RV guides, but that is not what we want. We want, obviously, wonderful back road journeys, but we really want quality out of the way campgrounds.

Any suggestions?

Joe

Not books, but if you're dreaming up bike tours...

I’m a member over at the MotoCampers Forum and I’ll bet you could find some good ideas over there. It has lots of trip reports to look over, all with an emphasis on the camping side of things.

Another suggestion is checking MadMaps for some areas that you might like to travel. The maps are really good quality. They have a bunch of loops with camping, sites, lodging, amenities, etc. along the way.