Amsoil Lubricants

Qwibby

Scarlet
Reaction score
Visit site
Seeing as I am an authorized Amsoil dealer one of the first things I want to do with my bike is do an oil change and get some better oil in there. Have any of you had any experience with different oils? Any recommendations on weight? Any other insight that I may find useful? Thank you!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If all you hear about oil is the sound of crickets here there is a reason. LMAO! :rof:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So did I make myself look like an idiot or something I missed? Explain? pretty please? lol

No biggie. It's just that oil threads seem to get ugly sometimes because of all the different ideas and data on oils so we kind of shun those discussions.
Politics also don't do well here. :D

Qwibby

Scarlet
Reaction score
Visit site
He can sign you up as a preffered member and you can get great prices, well anyone can. a qt of 10w 40 advanced synthetic is 8$, not bad.

Downs

Touring Jarhead
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah you can order straight from the AMSOIL website as a prefered member and the prices come down alot. More in line with MOBIL 1. The only problem I have with this stuff is I can't just swing by WAL MART on my way home a grab a gallon of oil and go home and change it.

I personally use Shell Rotella T Synthetic and have on lots of my bikes and like it a lot. But as long as you use a good quality oil it doesn't really matter what you use. Just make sure if you buy "car oil" it doesn't have friction modifiers. Usually the only ones that have friction modifiers are the newer light weight oils like the 10w and 5w-20s.

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
I used to have an Amsoil preferred membership but let it lapse a couple years ago. I ordered a bunch of oil and haven't needed to re-order anything.

I use Amsoil 10w-40 in my FZ6 and run their Interceptor 2 stroke oil in my snowmobiles. It's good stuff! I bought the Amsoil for less money per quart than the local dealer wanted for regular Yamalube.

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Seeing as I am an authorized Amsoil dealer one of the first things I want to do with my bike is do an oil change and get some better oil in there. Have any of you had any experience with different oils? Any recommendations on weight? Any other insight that I may find useful? Thank you!

That's nice...

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Best I've found: Shell Rotella T Synthetic and a Purolator oil filter. Nuff said.

^ On a value-per-word basis, the best oil thread post I've read. :)

In Amsoil's defense, their oil definitely is better oil. It is one of few that really is synthetic. Or so the Internet tells me...

LCR

Reaction score
Visit site
As a Dealer of Amsoil and selling mostly to the motorcycle community everyone has their different opinions. I've been getting ready for race season here in Texas (first one being this weekend) and alot of people are using Motul, although I have one friend who swears by his Rotella 15/40.

Of the people that get amsoil they differ themselves. Some give it all the hype its worth but still change every 3K miles on the street, another guy I know has an 04 R1 for a track bike and changes the oil once a year. It all depends on what you want and feel comfortable with. If you plan on selling your bike after 10k using conventional oil will be fine but the next buyer isn't gonna get much out of it.

As riding season gets into swing in the south here more people are looking for oil and if you do the math Amsoil 10-40 is good for a whole year or ~ 10k mines, most other oils only recommend 6 months max as the time frame. So if your one of the people who follows the time aspect of it also than Amsoil is still a great buy even if you only ride seasonally

LCR

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to dig it back up from weeks ago but its kind of like exhausts, brake lines, or tires; all reputable brands are good choose your poison.

Powerman

Reaction score
Visit site
As a Dealer of Amsoil and selling mostly to the motorcycle community everyone has their different opinions. I've been getting ready for race season here in Texas (first one being this weekend) and alot of people are using Motul, although I have one friend who swears by his Rotella 15/40.

Of the people that get amsoil they differ themselves. Some give it all the hype its worth but still change every 3K miles on the street, another guy I know has an 04 R1 for a track bike and changes the oil once a year. It all depends on what you want and feel comfortable with. If you plan on selling your bike after 10k using conventional oil will be fine but the next buyer isn't gonna get much out of it.

As riding season gets into swing in the south here more people are looking for oil and if you do the math Amsoil 10-40 is good for a whole year or ~ 10k mines, most other oils only recommend 6 months max as the time frame. So if your one of the people who follows the time aspect of it also than Amsoil is still a great buy even if you only ride seasonally

That's nice

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Amsoil in my fz6. has almost 11,000 miles on it. Used Amsoil in my 08 Scion XB. That came with 2 free oil changes so that had Amsoil year or 25,000 miles synthetic after 10,000 miles. I just traded it in at 113,000 miles. ran like a top zero problems used maybe 1/10 of a quart when I changed it every 11,000-13,000 miles... I don't use it in my current 2011 Edge but that is because the dealer I bought it from offers what they call customer for life. So I don't pay for oil changes, inspections, or tire rotations for the time I own the car.

Powerman

Reaction score
Visit site
Amsoil in my fz6. has almost 11,000 miles on it. Used Amsoil in my 08 Scion XB. That came with 2 free oil changes so that had Amsoil year or 25,000 miles synthetic after 10,000 miles. I just traded it in at 113,000 miles. ran like a top zero problems used maybe 1/10 of a quart when I changed it every 11,000-13,000 miles... I don't use it in my current 2011 Edge but that is because the dealer I bought it from offers what they call customer for life. So I don't pay for oil changes, inspections, or tire rotations for the time I own the car.

Valvoline in my 1995 Isuzu Trooper: 325,000 miles, original engine, never been rebuilt, no problems.

phranK2k11

Chat Camper :)
Reaction score
Visit site
I usually get the Crisco pure vegetable oil for the regular kitchen fryer but opt out to the cheaper store brand for the turkey fryer. I just cant see paying more for single use oil.

Wait, wrong kind of "oil thread" :BLAA: :spank: