Shift Low Down jeans

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
I was looking for a nice pair of jeans for the summer. My Textile pants are nice, but sometimes I want to just wear jeans. All the ones I have seen in the dealerships looked baggy. I usually wear Banana Republic jeans (don't make fun - my wife is the one who has style in our house). Anyway, after all my research on motorcycle-superstore reviews and webbikeworld I decided on the Shift Low down. Got the darker dye in size 30. I also have a short inseam, 30". These only come in standard inseam (I think 33) which is a couple of inches too long for me. The look comfortable and they feel comfortable, like regular jeans. They don't fit quite as well as BR jeans, but not too baggy. The kevlar/cordura that is on the buttom/knee area is thin enough that is not too bothersome. I wonder how well it would hold up in an accident. I know that my textile motoGP pants did very well in a low impact accident, but these don't feel as sturdy. In any case, definitely better than regular jeans. Would I buy them again? for $70 definitely yes. They are the least baggy of the motorcycle jeans that I saw. I am curious to try out their torque model which has a little more reinforcement.
Dani
ps
Their name is actually Lodown, not low down.

SHinNH

Reaction score
Visit site
I too picked up a pair of the Shift version of the Draggin Jeans. Havent yet tried them, but I seem to have gotten ripped off.. as I paid 100 for them... Grrrr....

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
Are you sure it is the same model? they do have a $100 pair too - the torque model which sound like has better protection. Mine are the the lodown model - looks like they are about $70 which is the retail everywhere

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the pads in my textile pants, no not DEPENDS! I'm not that old, HavBlue on the other hand...

SHinNH

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, So maybe I didnt get porked!! Now that I think about it.. they did show me 2 different pants... I guess I figured that you get the protection you pay for, and went with the higher priced ones.. Actually, they only had my size in the Torque.... figures!!!

SHinNH

Reaction score
Visit site
They look and feel like a normal pair of jeans with the exception of darker elastic type material just under the waistband.. I havent had them on yet while riding.. will have to try them during my next days off and see how they feel whilse riding and update my opinion.
Scott

idanny

Reaction score
www.minutehound.com
are these supposed to provide much better protection than a normal set of jeans. I am looking for a pair of riding pants and as it is 120 in vegas in the summer these look the lightest.

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, these are supposed to work much better than regular jeans. While it is often a tradeoff between protection and thiness of the material, these seem to strike a good balance. The extra protection is very thin, but made of kevlar/cordura and is probably a lot more abrasion resistent than regular denim. Regular denim would not last at all in a fall. Lastly, the inseam is 33" on all of the Shift jeans. For me this is too long even considering you want to wear longer pants while riding. I am usually a 30" - so, I plan on having them trimmed to 31" or so. They look good, but not quite as stylish as the most brand name jeans.
Dani

Alterin

Reaction score
Visit site
are these supposed to provide much better protection than a normal set of jeans. I am looking for a pair of riding pants and as it is 120 in vegas in the summer these look the lightest.

I'm trying to figure out how to stay cool out here myself... From what I'm reading letting the 120 degree air in is bad for ya, but... On our mild hot days(so far), I'll wear a some mesh overpants over a pair of shorts. You get a ton of airflow that way, much more than just wearing a pair of jeans.